Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

Article about: Despite the lack of any real discussion on this (and in fact it is denied) in Wilkins' fine volume "The Collectors Guilde to Third Reich Military Headgear", I believe it was alread

WorldWarIIBuff
    ?

Default Re: New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Examination of authentic specimens is not an easy task, as they are concentrated in a handful of places. There is a certain Catch 22 aspect to what I write, but such remains essential all the same.

Do you have one you're interested in selling?

2. # ADS

?

I think WWIIBuff is most sincere, and I applaud his interest in this field.

Do be careful, sir.

It is not like buying shoes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

Quote by WorldWarIIBuff View Post
    I'm here still and still looking! Let me know of any leads to an authentic one. Also got a PM about one so I'm looking into that too. All help is appreciated.
    Von Lukacs has one, which we already pointed out to you.

Do you have one you're interested in selling?

I own several, none of which I wish to sell at the moment. I shall in the future, however.

Happy hunting and you would do well to consult with us here or with whomever before you buy an item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Poster - Looking To Buy An Authentic SS Uniform  

WorldWarIIBuff
    ?

Quote by Frog View Post
    I think WWIIBuff is most sincere, and I applaud his interest in this field.

Do be careful, sir.

It is not like buying shoes.

LOL....you've got that right! That's why I came here because I can tell that many here know lots about this area.

WorldWarIIBuff
    ?

Quote by Frog View Post
    I would chime in with John and F-B; the sites noted are surely the most reliable.

The only one I know of available currently is the Plauen tunic noted by F-B, offered at around 10,500 EU.

You can reach this site at German militaria - iron cross, waffen ss, luftwaffe, paratrooper – Military Antiques Stockholm.

Thank you for pointing that out!

LOL....you've got that right! That's why I came here because I can tell that many here know lots about this area.
    We are collectors ourselves, and we aspire to share what we have learned, often with great sacrifice and struggle.

Mr. Bruce and I are not militaria dealers, either. Nor are we watching a NATO exercise in 1950 or 1955.

I hardly need add that, if these men in this picture wanted to collect Nazi regalia, they would have made a good investment seen from the perspective of 2009. Of course, in all likelihood, these men did not care about the foetid woolens we seek. Maybe they knew better than do we?

?

Another good-looking black tunic, this one VT, has just appeared on Peter Jenkins' site, selling immediately.

You can still see it at www.ssbw.co.uk; click on uniforms, click on "New" upper left, and wait for it to load. Good-looking item.

The Jenkins piece was similar to this LAH one, but is the later variety of issued jacket with all the markings that collectors luxuriate in...

SSVT stuff is highly desirable and you have to be doubly sure that the badges are organic to the tunic itself. The latter requirement is not without its pitfalls. In contrast to the ex Jenkins piece, this one here has the RZM/SS tag in the pocket and then some. All the dates on all the Effekten add up, too, i.e. 1936 and 1937 to jibe with the issue date of 1937. You can also see where the cloth tags are sewn on the interior of the RZM tagged cuff title, too....

Plus the tunic is a large size, as befits a member of the LAH.

Not something to be found with much ease.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast