Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

New SS items of interest

Article about: Here is a Lubstein "Privat" closer to home. This was once the property of Stezelberger and he keeps an image on his site. I should charge him residuals. A similar cap as an enliste

Default Re: New SS items of interest

Here is a Lubstein "Privat" closer to home.New SS items of interest

This was once the property of Stezelberger and he keeps an image on his site. I should charge him residuals.
    A similar cap as an enlisted cap is now for sale with Shea. It is much, much more costly than the price of the above item at the start of the last decade.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-23-2011 at 04:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS items of interest
    P
    Many

?

Good sir,

Yes there is quite a bit of available material on the Stammabteiling. My query centers more on the availability of the grey badged species of these black wool uniforms.

They appear to be very, very rare. I assume they almost never come up for sale. If one were seeking to accumulate a top notch collection such a tunic would be highly desirable. The linkage to Munich and the staff level cufftitle tell their own story.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Stammabteilung tunic here and in Bob Coleman's thread are the one and the same. The tunic is a wonderful piece, and its cut, material, etc is pico bello. Very expensive SS material goes abroad because it does not exist there, and generally wealth is being transferred somewhere else in the last several years, if you had not noticed. The Stammabteilung we have discussed earlier. It was the reserve at the regimental and higher echelons level for those who could serve in a regular billet and also for those of advanced age in the Allgemeine SS. See the Organisationsbuch for its roles and missions.

We have posted images of other extant pieces of this kind elsewhere, as you have discerned them. These are the pieces of this type of which I am aware. Who really knows what else exists in the wider world? I am sure there are more somewhere among collectors and places beyond our range, but they do not appear much and they are not as nice as this piece surely is. At the same time, I am partisan, as I know the dealer, and I also know the former owner as well. Since I was attacked so wrongly and in such poor English recently, I feel constrained to point this all out, actually. In any case, any authentic and more or less untouched black SS tunic is always an object of rightful desire and a thing of present and future happiness, even if you have to mortgage your children and sell your house pets on ebay. After all, that is just what I have done to acquire my collection that is not one.New SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interest

?

An example of a wartime cheapo grey hat that survived unworn and untouched by little fingers that like to pull out labels and detach badges. I'm really fond of the grey matching interiors of these examples despite the workmanship and materials not being up to much.
    I forget where I pinched these images from, apologies to the owner/seller.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New SS items of interest   New SS items of interest  

?

Esteemed FB;

We are all partisans to one degree or another. This is a realm of alliances both long term and diaphanous. The madness of the period seems to cast its dark shadow on these relics. Their cost only exacerbates the issue.

In the interested of collegiality I have been given permission to post these images of an SD tunic that is a true woodwork find. It was found in the attic by new homeowners. Thankfully they contacted a dealer and did not dispose of it. Of course this is just a story, but a story with a papertrail.

The tunic is cut much like the Stammabteilung tunic previously posted. It is private tailored and made of high grade trikot.

New SS items of interestNew SS items of interest

Quote by BenVK View Post
    An example of a wartime cheapo grey hat that survived unworn and untouched by little fingers that like to pull out labels and detach badges. I'm really fond of the grey matching interiors of these examples despite the workmanship and materials not being up to much.
    I forget where I pinched these images from, apologies to the owner/seller.
    Very nice and in an ideal state of preservation and fine cap badges that seem unfiddled with, to boot. Thanks. I had meant the cap without the sweat shield as the most cheapo, but this you show here is within range. Thanks. I had one of these in silk in the early 1970s, and its odd imbalance of pieces always bothered me, but it was 110% real. I got rid of it, actually, which I regret. I own a black silken cap, but the grey silken cap is never seen, save for the one I had...and have no longer. Thank you, Ben, I do not mean to bruise you with my cheapo comment, but the quality of SS caps went down from the early 1930s onwards as the organization got bigger, the economy contained price controls, and the scale of production altered. And maybe these things you show were made by slaves, which is surely possible granted the other images you included. Thanks and happy Easter to you and happy marriage of the royals, as well. Here Lindsay Lohan is either going to or coming from jail, which says something somehow of cultural pessimism.

Quote by Tricot View Post
    Esteemed FB;

We are all partisans to one degree or another. This is a realm of alliances both long term and diaphanous. The madness of the period seems to cast its dark shadow on these relics. Their cost only exacerbates the issue.

In the interested of collegiality I have been given permission to post these images of an SD tunic that is a true woodwork find. It was found in the attic by new homeowners. Thankfully they contacted a dealer and did not dispose of it. Of course this is just a story, but a story with a papertrail.

The tunic is cut much like the Stammabteilung tunic previously posted. It is private tailored and made of high grade trikot.

New SS items of interestNew SS items of interest
    Thanks. Please do not misconstrue my partisan statement, but you were witness to one reader here hauling off at me for his own odd reasons. That madcap moment was a bit ago, but I am still touchy on the subject. Do you have any more detailed images of this black uniform you enclose here with the Dachbodenfund story? The cut of these can vary and it alone cannot be the single criterion with which to make a determination. If you are in the market for a black uniform, the Stammabteilung one is pretty good, and it has some provenance, too, but, again, I am partial to it. The overcoat is good, too, especially because higher ranked overcoats with provenance are also very hard to find. The black officer's cap is also worth owning, even without the tags and such. Such is my opinion, and others can and will offer theirs. It is better to do so by conventional 20th century means versus this odd and quirky medium that backfires more than not. Again, I am not getting any financial kick backs for what I write here. I have not examined the items personally.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-23-2011 at 11:47 PM.

A comparison of caps likely of similar age and origin though of different make of cap cover.......New SS items of interestNew SS items of interest
    One criterion is the alu buttons for the chin strap, which on the black caps are frequently marked with a date and a VA contract number. The black cap is ca. 1938/9 Clemens Wagner of Braunschweig, for what little it is worth. This firm was a Nazi one of the 1st hour and made SS caps from an early date.

Donnerwetter. The grey SSVT cap is now marked "sold." I imagine it is soon headed across the big water to vanish in some potentate's collection.New SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interest

The thing looks similar to this here in the catalog. I imagine it sold for more than the price listed here.New SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interest

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast