Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New SS items of interest

Article about: Here is a Lubstein "Privat" closer to home. This was once the property of Stezelberger and he keeps an image on his site. I should charge him residuals. A similar cap as an enliste

Default New SS items of interest

These items appeared recently on a website. I have no commercial interest in them. They are of note and deserve attention, not the least since one does not frequently see nice SS material. The one grey cap is described as being earth grey, which I think it is not. It is field grey, actually, but then field grey is many different shades and was famously difficult to get into a single shade at all. The Stammabteilung tunic is ex the Coleman collection, known to us all. The black peaked cap as well. The grey cap is also from a well known collection.

New SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interest

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS items of interest
    P
    Many

Default Re: New SS items of interest

FABULOUS!,,,,thanks for posting F-B....Robert

Quote by militarymania View Post
    FABULOUS!,,,,thanks for posting F-B....Robert
    Fabulous and expensive, actually, but then why not? These things do sell, and usually outside of CONUS. Such items as these occur infrequently. The Stammabteilung uniform is of a pleasing quality and from a fine source. The grey cap is over the top, and while I am not sure it is from the era of 1936 or so, it is still a very nice piece as seldom found. The grey caps are usually beaten to crap, and the latest species found by someone in 1945 as a Kammerexemplar, which is not, represents a cheapo version of a III. Reich peaked cap. In any case, I grow weary of the images of fake "sculls" and scruffy collar patches, so I want to enliven things here. I borrowed the dealer's pictures, and I do not get any kick backs, either, in case one of you thinks so. Rather he and others rely on me for expert advice, for which I also do not tend to get any material reward.New SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interest

?

I had noticed the tunic set. The reserve insignia are fantastically rare. I have seen a similar private purchase trikot tunic which seems of identical cut with the lapel wider than the collar.

I would welcome your thoughts on the tunic, context, meaning.

Why do these things tend to migrate to Europe? Do collectors not appreciate material such as this?

EDIT -- Here it is:

Stammabteilung Officer's Tunic

?

The grey cap is especially pleasing with it's original aluminium abzeichen still attached.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The grey caps are usually beaten to crap, and the latest species found by someone in 1945 as a Kammerexemplar, which is not, represents a cheapo version of a III. Reich peaked cap.
    Which example are you referring to FB?

?

Wonderful pieces the two caps are superb !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The grey cap is especially pleasing with it's original aluminium abzeichen still attached.

Which example are you referring to FB?
    The grey caps which appear to have been made once the war began, which got heavily worn, etc. This one here I own is not especially nice to me as a hat in itself, at least to me, but it is in a book.New SS items of interest It was not worn at all, or not worn very much. It's nice, but I do not look at it every day.

Quote by Tricot View Post
    I had noticed the tunic set. The reserve insignia are fantastically rare. I have seen a similar private purchase trikot tunic which seems of identical cut with the lapel wider than the collar.

I would welcome your thoughts on the tunic, context, meaning.

Why do these things tend to migrate to Europe? Do collectors not appreciate material such as this?

EDIT -- Here it is:

Stammabteilung Officer's Tunic
    The Stammabteilung tunic here and in Bob Coleman's thread are the one and the same. The tunic is a wonderful piece, and its cut, material, etc is pico bello. Very expensive SS material goes abroad because it does not exist there, and generally wealth is being transferred somewhere else in the last several years, if you had not noticed. The Stammabteilung we have discussed earlier. It was the reserve at the regimental and higher echelons level for those who could NOT serve in a regular billet and also for those of advanced age in the Allgemeine SS. See the Organisationsbuch for its roles and missions.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-24-2011 at 01:27 AM.

I have this sort of cap in mind...New SS items of interestNew SS items of interest

Here is a nicer cap on the Swedish site than the last gasp type above. I especially think that the image with the "scull" should be a lesson to those who make these into a fetish, especially the "prongs" as to how these things really should be seen or even enjoyed as historical objects.New SS items of interestNew SS items of interestNew SS items of interest

This cap also shows how many of these are already damaged, but this is still an attractive cap because of its color, its silken piping, and its general appearance.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-23-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast