Quote by Francesco View Post
    Send me a PM because I can't to you.
    Thank you. I shall.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New A-SS tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: New A-SS tunic

I just came back to the thread and see that there is some discussion on the litze. I have tried to take some additional pictures of the litze. Both collar tabs are machine sewn onto the collar. At the bottom of the rank tab, the machine stitching has been neatly pulled up and then re-tacked down by hand. It is only below and on each side of the litze. The rest of the tab is still machine sewn down. This clearly appears to be an upgrade by the individual upon being promoted. I can't see a collector machine sewing on an original collar tab, and then pulling up the bottom to sew on a single strip of fake lize. I know anything is possible but seems very unlikely to me. I have no problems with the collar tabs or their application. With that being said, the litze looks good to me. I have tried to take some additional photos. Pretty hard shooting silver on black.

I'm not one these collectors who get offended by another collector pointing something out. However, I have handled a lot of cloth insignia and/or tunics, and this tab, litze, and its application look fine to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New A-SS tunic   New A-SS tunic  

Thanks for the additional images.

?

Beautiful tunic. Thanks for the photos.

New A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicI should have you make pictures of mine, since I cannot photograph to save my life. Francesco is also an excellent photographer.

FB...anytime you need photos taken of your amazing collection, just ask.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    New A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicI should have you make pictures of mine, since I cannot photograph to save my life. Francesco is also an excellent photographer.
    These photos rival anything found in print or on any other forum I know of. Thank you for posting these FB.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    These photos rival anything found in print or on any other forum I know of. Thank you for posting these FB.
    Thank you, but I am a terrible photographer and do not aspire to be otherwise. I cannot see out of both eyes at the same time, i.e. bi focal vision and such.

No doubt the same reflects in my outlook, nicht wahr?

New A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNew A-SS tunicNonetheless, our pile of black foetid woolens does stick out in the Google heap, that's for sure. And there must be some benefit in real material on view versus the junk that is the norm.

Quote by mseagle View Post
    FB...anytime you need photos taken of your amazing collection, just ask.
    Dear Colleague, thank you. I admire your skill and energy. Maybe I will take you up on it at some point. cordially, FB

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast