Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, A new piece for the collection...but is there someone with more knowledge than I (yes) who would be willing to take an educated guess as to the approximate date this

?

Default Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?

Hello fellow collectors,

A new piece for the collection...but is there someone with more knowledge than I (yes) who would be willing to take an educated guess as to the approximate date this eagle may have been manufactured (maybe)? I'm sorry it is a trivial question but I am asking just the same. I know quality declined throughout the war and I believe this one may have been a late war production. I haven't had many in hand to compare so those who are more experienced, your opinion is appreciated.

Best Regards,

CMH

Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?

Bob Hritz would be my choice to answer this question. I owned a cap of this type ca. 1973 and sold it soon thereafter.

I have no idea how to date any particular BeVo cap eagle, other than the introduction in 1940.

Bob Hritz

Thanks. These are the unknown unknowns in which I revel. Also, without putting too fine a point on it, those on other sites who pretend as if they watched every single piece of SS insignia get made at the time, as well as fashion the dyes themselves amid the Sieg Heils and falling bombs also should embrace the same modesty as does colleague Hritz. So many things are utterly unknown and beyond our knowing. Sometimes there is evidence, as in this case here, which I attach, but so many other times there is none and there actually exists great misinformation.Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?

Postscriptum: The RZM tag on this rat eaten cap is lost to depths of time, but the person who stamped said tag left behind a trace. The intriguing thing is that Mueller was listed in the Handbuch d RZM under A2 and not A1, i.e. it was a Muetzenmacher and not a Muetzenfabrik. I have seen and own caps with this tell tale stamp on the leather band, as is done here. What a minor, and meaningless bit of the past.

But I surely cannot tell you when the badge on the 1940 field cap was made....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-20-2010 at 12:25 AM.

The tag in the rat eaten cap probably looked like this....Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?Newest addition: Cap Eagle...what date range?

Its twin was sold recently via a prestige website.

?

Fellow collectors, thank you for your replies. It is truly a trivial question I ask and in the scheme of things I suppose rather unimportant. Some questions just don't have answers. Always a pleasure to seek and receive advice and wisdom from those who possess it and are willing to share.

Happy holidays and best wishes for the coming year,

CMH

I have compared it to the one on my cap, which I was hoping might be a match, what with it being a soutached cap, it would prove it to be fairly early production, but alas there is no match.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Fellow collectors, thank you for your replies. It is truly a trivial question I ask and in the scheme of things I suppose rather unimportant. Some questions just don't have answers. Always a pleasure to seek and receive advice and wisdom from those who possess it and are willing to share.

Happy holidays and best wishes for the coming year,

CMH
    Thanks and best of luck with your collecting und ein frohes, gesegnetes Fest und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr! FB

?

Thanks for taking the time to check Ade, I appreciate it.

Happy Christmas.

CMH