Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nice Black Visor from Ebay!

Article about: Picked this one up from ebay recently. Unfortunately missing the eagle and there's a little bit of moth damage to the piping but a super cap nonetheless. The most noticeable thing about this

?

Default Nice Black Visor from Ebay!

Picked this one up from ebay recently. Unfortunately missing the eagle and there's a little bit of moth damage to the piping but a super cap nonetheless. The most noticeable thing about this one is the weight, it's as light as a feather. If anyone knows of a nice cupal eagle to match the Deschler skull, I'd really appreciate a PM, thanks.
    Happy hunting!
    Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice Black Visor from Ebay!   Nice Black Visor from Ebay!  

Nice Black Visor from Ebay!   Nice Black Visor from Ebay!  

Nice Black Visor from Ebay!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice Black Visor from Ebay!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nice Black Visor from Ebay!

wow nice catch, how did that slip thru my ebay trawl net ?? rgds Dave

?

Ebay is a big garbage, but sometime nice items can be found. Looks like a nice one, and very interesting non SS , but NSDAP label
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

How much?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thumbs up Re: Nice Black Visor from Ebay!

Hi Ben

You outdid yourself this time. I really hope the price was right and that you will find a nice matching scull soon...

Greetz

Nick VR

I love ebay when people don't try to trick you with stuff. Seeing legit items like this is what makes me want to continue to use ebay as a buyer and a seller.

?

I've had a lot of luck with ebay over the years. Some of my best caps were found there.

Price for this one? not cheap but not expensive either.

Bravo, well done. An early species of C Wagner/Braunschweig peaked cap in the version ca. 1934/5. Also in a nice state of preservation without being devastated. Your refined taste is a boon to us all. The cap also likely had the early 1927 or 1929 badge and got updated. Many of these early caps survive, actually, and plainly remained in use for much longer than we of a throw away society would imagine. Thanks for showing us your nice cap and congratulations. It is easy to find the later post 1935 Wagner enlisted cap with the trikot cap cover, and the rigid Muetzensteg/Muetzendeckel with the cap spring. This piece is more rare and interesting.

Postscriptum: the cap cover and band of this piece is the nice melton wool of a very distinct type used in the kepis and peaked caps of the first generation or so. I guess Trikot was introduced later because it was more durable or less expensive. This cap attached is made from the same woolen Stoff as your Wagner piece. This cap of mine here is a Breiter made in Muenchen, a firm that is still very much in business.
    Attached Images Attached Images Nice Black Visor from Ebay! 

Also, let me smash an icon here and please do not take it personally. Granted the age of this cap, perhaps one or more of the cap badges was replaced at the time, i.e. ca. 1935 or 1936/ Hence, the SS Hoheitszeichen was added after the Totenschaedel, and, in my experience, these badges on the caps I have examined usually do not match either in terms of maker or even base metal. Hence, you surely want a Hoheitszeichen of the model introduced in the fall of 1935 (see my citation of the original document...) with the Neusilber (shiny) finish, but I would kill yourself to find a Deschler one, since these things are so inflated in value as to be laughable. Also, if someone recently took the badge off before they sold you the cap, then I hope they rot in hell. It is also much more possible that the cap got denazified a long time ago. I would not use a zinc wartime Hoheitszeichen, but I wish you much luck in finding the necessary badge. I am in constant search of extras myself, and with little luck at all. Once more, congratulations and happy headwear.

Here are two examples to substantiate my wild generalizations above....One can clearly see that these badges do not match; they are similar in age to Ben's nice cap and the Hoheitszeichen was added later; and, I have never and shall never pry off these badges to see who made them. I assume the Totenschaedel are early Deschler pieces, but I do not know and only am happy that the things seem original to the caps....I think.

Happy headwear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice Black Visor from Ebay!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Nice Black Visor from Ebay! 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast