Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs

Article about: I would guess it is where the RZM tag once sat. Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs

Just came across these salty collar tabs which too me both have alot of character , i like them but then it's a personal thing with these as some colllectors like them mint/minty . Whats your opinions on them from a collectors point of view
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs   Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs  

Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs   Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs  

Last edited by HD1450; 06-15-2011 at 11:55 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs
    P
    Many

Default re: Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs

I like the first tab and like salty pieces just as much as anyone. The mint pieces just have a place with me as I guess anything else I can get my hands on does!

Jeff

?

Default re: Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs

Quote by Killroy View Post
    I like the first tab and like salty pieces just as much as anyone. The mint pieces just have a place with me as I guess anything else I can get my hands on does!

Jeff
    Yeah i like minty aswell but these worn pieces have that been there / seen action type feel too them if you know what i mean ? Whoa , i am starting to spook myself now . I suppose if you can afford it , the best thing is too have one of each throughout your whole collection

Default Re: Nice pair of worn runic collar tabs

I always prefer to collect items which show some use. Mint unissued is "ok" but personally I find it much more interesting to hold something which has seen use and let the imagination wander......

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I always prefer to collect items which show some use. Mint unissued is "ok" but personally I find it much more interesting to hold something which has seen use and let the imagination wander......

Cheers, Ade.
    I am with you on this Ade, if only these inanimate objects could talk... Oh, what history we would learn. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I am with you on this Ade, if only these inanimate objects could talk... Oh, what history we would learn. Cheers, Jim G.
    I fully agree with Ade & Jim , but what do you think of these worn pieces when it comes to moving them on perhaps too upgrade or just sell them , do you think they are harder too sell & not so valued as the minty items ? As i notice on some sites & forums that the minty ones seem to go quicker than tunic removed/worn ones .

There is a tendency for a lot of collectors to want "mint". I find a lot of US collectors prefer mint unissued, prehaps more than collectors in the UK. On the other hand cut off peices often command a premium price. Go figure.......

As I mentioned before, I much prefer a nice used item, not something in relic or worn out condition, just something which has seen use.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Regarding the first tab pictured , how would this have been attached too the tunic as there are no signs of stitching unlike tab two .

Sometimes the stitching is very finely done around the edge. With the wear this might be hard to see now. And if the item has been washed or steam cleaned, the holes will close up.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sometimes the stitching is very finely done around the edge. With the wear this might be hard to see now. And if the item has been washed or steam cleaned, the holes will close up.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade , i can't see any trace of stitching on the first tab , also do you think the white substance on the back is were the RZM label was or has this been stuck in an album ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast