Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.

Article about: David Delich writes to me ".....I finally was able to locate a couple of Riker mounts with some SS titles with what appear to be raggedy borders. This appearance sometimes may be due to

Default Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.

David Delich writes to me ".....I finally was able to locate a couple of Riker
    mounts with some SS titles with what appear to
    be raggedy borders. This appearance sometimes
    may be due to an absolutely fake piece, but sometimes
    it can reveal merely an early mfg that has more
    aluminum threads in the border than what has come
    to be "understood" as a normal, absolutely authentic
    stereotypical number of 7. I have picked out two
    titles from my collection that have such an "abnormal"
    number of aluminum threads in the borders that they
    might be misconstrued as being fake.
    I have picked out one specimen that has a numeral
    and one that has a word, to show that this "abnormality"
    just doesn't appear on early numeraled or blank titles
    but also titles with names. The "75" title varies in
    its number of strands from 9 to 10, and the "Sud"
    title varies in its number of strands from 7 to 10.
    This merely shows that the early pre-organizational
    titles did not always align itself with regulations not
    yet in place...or, variations were up to themanufacturer.
    I wanted the collecting community to know that
    such "abnormalities" or "variants" exist and are very
    authentic." Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.

- - ------- - -

This issue arose because of an item on another website from a person who formerly played a role here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.
    P
    Many

?

Great information FB.

We thank David Delich for his stellar role with our site and his generous sharing of this remarkable collection.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Great information FB.
    Which is from David Delich, and not from me. Such precise and acute knowledge with such fine illustrations of such arcane material are only his, and his alone.

?

Thank you for this thread FB, I hoped that one would be started to elaborate on the subject given the thread found elsewhere. My thanks to David Delich for his generosity in sharing his treasures and knowledge with us.

CMH

I saw the thread on variations in cuff titles of early date elsewhere, as well, and I posed the question, privately, to which my mentor answered with this first rate material.
    If you compare this knowledge with the lousy, error laden answers elsewhere, you will realize yet again how high this site has risen
    above its competition.

?

I love the early variations, especially the ones which use silver plated wire as apposed to aluminum. I think one day soon I'm going to start a thread on the earliest, pre-RZM insignias...

?

Thank you Mr. Delich.
    I feel fortunate indeed to see items from your collection and hear your interpretation.
    Thanks as always to F-B for connecting us to such an esteemed collection and collector.

Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples.My warm thanks to Mr. Arran and we look forward to his examples of early SS insignia.

The SA and SS both used silver wire insignia as contrasted to the alu. wire insignia.

However, these items existed at the same time as the new RZM, but the issue is the mid 1934 standardization of such insignia which we have explored
    elsewhere in many threads, and to which Mr. Saris can perhaps give a succinct explanation.

A tendency exists to describe variations as "pre-RZM," when in reality such items are variations that existed prior to the requirement to mark such insignia, or
    they simply were made on an ad hoc basis, where the phrase "non-RZM" is warranted.
    Attached Images Attached Images Non standard SS cuff titles, Delich examples. 

"My thanks to David Delich for his generosity in sharing his treasures and knowledge with us."-DrCMH

Plus 1.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast