Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oberbayern Pic

Article about: I recently purchased this picture of an SS/TV Mann wearing an Oberbayern tunic lacking a Sturm number on the collar patch.

?

Default Oberbayern Pic

I recently purchased this picture of an SS/TV Mann wearing an Oberbayern tunic lacking a Sturm number on the collar patch.

Oberbayern PicOberbayern Pic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oberbayern Pic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Oberbayern Pic

Oberbayern PicOberbayern PicHere are others with the same Totenschaedel collar patch without the Hundertschaft numeral. What was a Sturm in the Allgemeine SS (or the SSVT,) was a Hundertschaft in the SSTV. You see the Oberbayern later cuff title than the one at hand in my image, and in your portrait.

If you read all the RZM circulars and material attached by Derek C, there is far less clarity to all of this.

The image I attach here courtesy of David Bunde is of SSTV Oberbayern troops on duty in the Tschechei sometime after the Munich agreement, or after the creation of the Protektorat Boehmen Maehren.

In that connection, I recommend the book I added about Iglau, which has excellent pictorial material.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-07-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Oberbayern PicBruce the Antique Frog has a uniform like the one pictured above with the later cuff title with the Totenschaedel.

Mr. d'Alquen is the real authority on all of this, as I always relied on Mollo, which is not entirely complete with the state of knowledge as had in the year 2011.

But it may never be complete, because the whole thing was far more seized of chaos than the vaunted teutonic order and clarity as assumed by gun show visitors who have trouble with European geography, to say nothing of its history.Oberbayern PicOberbayern PicOberbayern PicOberbayern PicOberbayern PicOberbayern PicOberbayern Pic
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-07-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Oberbayern PicHere is the cuff title illustrated in the portrait studio. It was introduced earlier in 1935 than I imagined.

mgalat,

That picture is really nice and I think your man may be wearing a parade bayonet in lieu of a dagger but it is hard to tell.
    However, thanks for posting.

The wear of the Seitengewehr in the normal and extra model was widespread in the SSVT and SSTV. There are dozens if not more images of same, to include the one I added here of the men with the ice cream vendor.

I note what you write F-B and I like your picture too,especially the kradmelder munching his ice cream with his mutze perched on the headlamp.

?

Thank you for the pics of the numberless tabs FB..I haven't seen many. Mollo doesn't make reference to the numberless tab for other ranks but Angolia does. I will be placing the book about Iglau on my want list.

Thank you Bochmann...I own a tunic very similar and thus my interest in the pic.

The insignia of the SS-TV is extremely difficult. For such a small branch of the SS the number of changes and variations are bewildering.
    The likeliest explanation for the photo is that the man served above the sturmbann level on the staff of the regiment.
    The document is from 1937, the likely date of the photo.
    d'alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oberbayern Pic  

thanks for the further data from the one person who knows this material. The secondary works are not complete, though Mollo remains the basis of our knowledge.

the past is a riddle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast