Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Obergruppenfuherer collar tabs/ SS general tabs

Article about: Just picked these up and pretty pumped, just wanted to get your guys thoughts. Also wanted to get suggestions on what general picture I’ll be putting next to these. Still learning many of th

Default Obergruppenfuherer collar tabs/ SS general tabs

Just picked these up and pretty pumped, just wanted to get your guys thoughts. Also wanted to get suggestions on what general picture I’ll be putting next to these. Still learning many of the German officers and generals. Thanks for any help! Greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Obergruppenfuherer collar tabs/ SS general tabs   Obergruppenfuherer collar tabs/ SS general tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Obergruppenfuherer collar tabs/ SS general tabs
    P
    Many

I was thinking Paul Hausser while he was at this particular rank but any other suggestions would be great. And where I might be able to find good photos maybe original?
    Professionals please let me know what you think of the tabs. They are cold to the touch so must have the aluminum threads?
    Thanks!

CBH
    ?

I'm not a convinced they are original , the acorns looks sloppy.
    But please wait for more replies.

Quote by CBH View Post
    I'm not a convinced they are original , the acorns looks sloppy.
    But please wait for more replies.
    The acorns were the only thing I noticed but all other examples that weren’t mint had different variations or differed in some way. I don’t think these were Stored to be kept in mint condition or on display

?

Quote by Dmaxsu99 View Post
    I was thinking Paul Hausser while he was at this particular rank but any other suggestions would be great. And where I might be able to find good photos maybe original?
    Professionals please let me know what you think of the tabs. They are cold to the touch so must have the aluminum threads?
    Thanks!
    Paul Hausser was Oberst-Gruppenführer and Generaloberst der Waffen SS. He had 3 pips under his oakleafs.
    Only 4 men wore this rank.
    The others were Sepp Dietrich, Franz Xaver Schwarz and Karl Daluege.

?

I don't like these collartabs.
    They are indeed sloppy made and imo the piping is to thick.
    Last edited by KRISSE; 09-04-2019 at 11:05 PM.

[QUOTE=KRISSE;1998343]I don't like these collartabs.
    They are indeed sloppy made and imo the piping is to thick

Thanks for the feedback guys the dealer I got these from does offer money back. These weren’t in a collection before so not sure if these were roughed up a bit. I have a repo pair of ss tabs and these do feel completely different as in better put together? Not sure how to explain it but thanks again guys.

?

Dmaxsu99, Did you try the search engine ? I looked and found several threads that illustrate fakes and the reasoning behind the determination. Also, as you are quite new here I will offer some advice, dealers are not infallible and if you are unsure about the legitimacy of a item ASK ( Preferably here ) before making a purchase. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Dmaxsu99, Did you try the search engine ? I looked and found several threads that illustrate fakes and the reasoning behind the determination. Also, as you are quite new here I will offer some advice, dealers are not infallible and if you are unsure about the legitimacy of a item ASK ( Preferably here ) before making a purchase. G
    Thanks G for the response and help. Greatly appreciated. The dealer I chose had so many items and items that were in original packaging or would have been very hard to be replicated. Hard to explain without getting into another subject. I know this does not matter on being original but with the variety and amount of items this dealer had both US and TR. I did compare and research and just don’t make impulse buys as these weren’t cheap but knew they had money back gar. Also I didn’t want to use pics from this persons website as I’ve seen a couple posts about using pics from sites before actually making the purchase? But thanks again G. Appreciate the time and help!

?

Quote by Dmaxsu99 View Post
    Thanks G for the response and help. Greatly appreciated. The dealer I chose had so many items and items that were in original packaging or would have been very hard to be replicated. Hard to explain without getting into another subject. I know this does not matter on being original but with the variety and amount of items this dealer had both US and TR. I did compare and research and just don’t make impulse buys as these weren’t cheap but knew they had money back gar. Also I didn’t want to use pics from this persons website as I’ve seen a couple posts about using pics from sites before actually making the purchase? But thanks again G. Appreciate the time and help!
    Which dealersite are you talking about if I may ask?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast