Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Obersturmführer Collar Tabs

Article about: I have been offered these SS-Obersturmführer collar tabs, and I'd like to get some opinions on them from the knowledgeable members of this forum. They look pretty good to me. However,one of

Default Obersturmführer Collar Tabs

I have been offered these SS-Obersturmführer collar tabs, and I'd like to get some opinions on them from the knowledgeable members of this forum. They look pretty good to me. However,one of the questions I had was whether an officer's rank tab like this is supposed to have an RZM "A" tag on it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Obersturmführer Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Yes, the Obersturmführer-and any other rank tab-will be found with and without the RZM tag. I also see nothing wrong with the set....it's quite lovely in fact.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 03-03-2015 at 08:42 PM.

I wasn't so much referring to the fact that it has an RZM tag attached to it, but rather that the RZM tag has the letter "A" on it. I was wondering if, given the complexity of the tab, it should have a "B" or "C" tag on it instead.

?

Dave,

There is little complexity in the Kragenspiegel denoting rank...just add pips and/or a strip of Litzen. The "C" is for the skill involved in the Stickerei.

CMH

Good point, CMH. I wasn't quite sure, so I figured I'd ask!

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Dave,

There is little complexity in the Kragenspiegel denoting rank...just add pips and/or a strip of Litzen. The "C" is for the skill involved in the Stickerei.

CMH
    Do listen to our Dr. CMH. A wise and thoughtful collector who reads and observes to the benefit of all concerned.

The tab in its natural state may not have even had piping on it, i.e. the alu piping, the Sternchen, the Litze and so forth were added later.

Thanks for the advice, FB! I am always grateful for the information that I receive from the learned individuals who congregate on this site, such as yourself and Dr. CMH. This will be my first set of tabs, and I have been waiting for just the right pair to cross my path. In the meantime, I've been studying up on the various construction methods in an attempt to broaden my knowledge of these pieces. I think these might be "the ones," so I wanted to get some expert opinions before I pulled the trigger. They certainly seem like beautiful authentic examples to me!

Obersturmführer Collar TabsThe A, B, C, and so forth on said tag represented the respective Betriebskosten due to the RZM for the sale of the item.

Elsewhere this fee is called a "tax," but this is a misnomer. I cannot find any mention of the word tax in the original documents.

They mention Betriebskosten, which is a user's fee.

What you show here, as far as it goes, looks fine.

The Abzeichentuch is correct.

The Litze is correct.

The Leimleinen is correct.

The piping is correct,

The alu Sternchen have patina.

OF course, the embroidery of the runics is in the league.

You need a close up of it.

The Abzeichentuch in the earlier epoch was 100% woolen of a fine grade, and this is a very distinctive textile.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You need a close up of it.

The Abzeichentuch in the earlier epoch was 100% woolen of a fine grade, and this is a very distinctive textile.
    FB, if you click on the photos of the individual tabs by themselves and then click on the photo in the new tab again (with the little magnifying glass icon) to zoom in, you get a very in-depth look at the quality of the material. I don't think I can get any more "close up" than this... Here's a preview:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast