Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Officers Black Visor

Article about: This one arrived today. The wool is a very fine melton type, almost like "badge cloth", velvet band and a ribbed black lining with a very slight sheen to it. The maker is Franz Ruh

?

Default Officers Black Visor

This one arrived today. The wool is a very fine melton type, almost like "badge cloth", velvet band and a ribbed black lining with a very slight sheen to it. The maker is Franz Ruhland of Passau. The name "Wagner" is hand written on the leather sweatband along with some other characters that I can't make out.
    The cap is in immaculate condition and was never worn I would guess. This concerns me slightly because it is so mint but I cannot find anything else at all to worry about. The construction is of very high quality. The way the lining has been laid into the cap is just superb.
    Thoughts please gentlemen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officers Black Visor   Officers Black Visor  

Officers Black Visor   Officers Black Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers Black Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Officers Black Visor

what can you say? except.......beautiful.

The pictures certainly bring out the best of it

Nice one!

?

I've decided to return this one. I don't feel comfortable with it.

?

The feelings are again not good, some doubds about the visor stitching, take a look, they are probably resewn with handstitching to the old holes. Probably Imperial wool mixed with period velvet, but that is only an my sceptic IMHO
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

They sure can make them nice, needs a sweat diamond from yesteryear!

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The feelings are again not good, some doubds about the visor stitching, take a look, they are probably resewn with handstitching to the old holes. Probably Imperial wool mixed with period velvet, but that is only an my sceptic IMHO
    The materials are period in my opinion but yes, I think you are right about the stitching. It's very, very well done though but just doesn't have that "old feel" about it. It's something you can't describe in words, it's just a feeling. I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

Just goes to show though, there are some excellent fakes out there so be careful.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The materials are period in my opinion but yes, I think you are right about the stitching. It's very, very well done though but just doesn't have that "old feel" about it. It's something you can't describe in words, it's just a feeling. I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

Just goes to show though, there are some excellent fakes out there so be careful.
    The feeling is a 99% of sucess being choose the item for collection, the most important for me - if I'am satisfied. All around a tons of fakes and a excelent in quality, agreed Ben
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Ben-
    The more I looked at this cap, the more concerns I had. It is very well made. The stitching is a concern. For a pre TZM cap, the shape is not correct. Finally, it does not have that feel of 75+ years of exporsure to the enviroment and it's pollutants. You had the piece in hand, which is a one up on all of us. I believe your instincts were correct. This is a new breed of fakes that is getting closer. Scary.
    Bob
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Good you returned this one. Very crude and lacking of quality.

Among other things, the cheesecloth is awfully white and new looking, isn't it?

In time, I think it will be nearly impossible to tell if these better forgeries are bad or not . . . sad and scary, indeed.

Brad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast