Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Officer's Bullion Collar Tab

Article about: I've been studying up on the various styles of collar tabs lately in an effort to improve my authentication skills. I recently came across this officer's bullion style collar tab, and I was

Default Officer's Bullion Collar Tab

I've been studying up on the various styles of collar tabs lately in an effort to improve my authentication skills. I recently came across this officer's bullion style collar tab, and I was hoping you guys might be able to answer a question I had about it... The front of this piece actually looks pretty good to me, based on what I've seen of this type of tab. It appears to be a moleskin tab. It is listed as a "tunic-removed" tab, which explains the stitching on the front side. The RZM tag covers the backside, so we can't tell anything about the buckram. However, the RZM tag itself seems quite strange... I've seen these RZM tags with the "plain" font on authentic pieces before, but I've never seen one that didn't include the phrase "der NSDAP" after "Reichszeugmeisterei." The only tags I've seen like this one have been on reproductions. I also find it strange that the space for the sequence number is left blank. Finally, the Hersteller number looks tiny compared to what I normally see. What do you guys think? I'm still relatively new to the world of collar tabs, so if my analysis is wrong, it may just be due to me not having seen enough of these yet. Thanks for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer's Bullion Collar Tab
    P
    Many

Not getting the 'warm and fuzzies' I have to say.

The reason I ask is because this item is being sold by one of the forum sponsor dealers. I wanted to be helpful and inform the seller of these issues, but I did not want to act prematurely. I know that our sponsors have solid reputations, and I didn't want it to seem like I was calling that into question. Therefore, I decided to post it here, in case any of the issues I noted where authentic characteristics of which I was simply unaware.

?

Looks good to me, although I am not an expert. Looks like my one I got from a member on this forum, apparently was with Kelly Hicks at some point. Almost everyone here gave the thumbs up for it.

Ingwe, I agree that the tabs look almost identical from the front, and I stated in my original post that the front looks pretty good to me anyway. The thing that concerns me is the RZM tag. Surely one of the experts can weigh in here and let us know if this style of paper tag was ever produced without the words "der NSDAP" on it... I've never seen one. To me, the tag looks all wrong.

CBH
    ?

There is a thread devoted to RZM tags , here a photo of tag on a Nederland collar I own .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's Bullion Collar Tab  

Yes, CBH, I looked through that thread before I created this one. I don't recall seeing a single paper tag that looked like the one I posted, though. I simply wanted to confirm that this was not just a variant of which I was unaware. I'm not sure if you posted the picture of your tag to say that it was similar, or different. Yours is not the same, as it includes the words "der NSDAP," while the one I posted does not.

CBH
    ?

Just to show a good example , and to mention the thread .
    Many people ask the questions without searching the forum first.
    Cheers

No worries! I try to do my homework before asking.

I am not to much into tags but the structure of the tab is like the one I know from originals.
    The Tag does look odd..