Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Old fighter Chevron/Armwinkel

Article about: I have and got a view chevrons since I collect but this is the nicest I ever found and this one is only one displayed from the back side, why? Take a look.

Default Old fighter Chevron/Armwinkel

I have and got a view chevrons since I collect but this is the nicest I ever found and this one is only one displayed from the back side, why? Take a look.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Old fighter Chevron/Armwinkel
    P
    Many

Default Re: Old fighter Chevron/Armwinkel

Very nice piece Robert. As I wrote elsewhere, the sight of same tempts me to look in the wrong places with consequences I can only dread. The alter Kaempferwinkel is an under appreciated piece of insignia, versus the inflated and exaggerated "scull." This chevron was an important part of the SS ethos, lore and symbolism, in fact, more so than a -15 Rpfg. cap badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old fighter Chevron/Armwinkel  
    Attached Images Attached Images Old fighter Chevron/Armwinkel 

What is under this one here?

or maybe this one....?

?

Did the Ehrenwinkel für Alte Kämpfer always appear with the Silbertresse (other than the one made available for members of the Stahlhelm) as seen above in the pictures from post 2 and 4? The picture in post three appears gold or tan and I am curious if that is the way it was issued or if this is just a result of the ravages of time. Mollo and Angolia don't go into too much detail about this.

Thanks,

CMH

A question from me too-

The black 'void' part of the patch... Was its removal at the discretion of the wearer or was this some kind of regulation?

Hi CMH, the tresse is silver and has toned.

Hi Mo, really just down to makers variations as far as I know. Both types can be observered.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you Ade for the information.

Regards,

CMH

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi CMH, the tresse is silver and has toned.

Hi Mo, really just down to makers variations as far as I know. Both types can be observered.

Cheers, Ade.
    SS uniforms of the first hour appear to have had more silver wire versus alu. wire insignia. Such was present in the SA and imitated the army. It is based on army uniforms of the imperial and Rw period that I generalize here. The Ehrenwinkel on my Stammabteilung uniform, which is of 1933-1934 make, I think, has what is a real silver wire Winkel. The rest are alu wire. Some have a cloth Unterlage, others, do not.

?

Thank you F-B for this. I was curious because I see many examples in photos and in comparison to one I have in my possession there is a divergence. Most are this bright silver but now and then I come across ones that have toned. The particular one I own is similar to the one pictured in post number two except that has taken the color of that of the example in post three.

Thank you again to Ade and FB for their kindness in helping out a new collector.

Kind regards,

CMH

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast