Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinion ss tunic?

Article about: Please your opinions about this tunic i am interested in but not so sure looks heavy used but mabey they make this one older? The seller says this was a s tunic.

Wow! talk about salty. Personally I would pass on this one. I see little to no dollar value in this tunic. If you ever come to resell it that would be hard to do with a tunic in this condition... what does the interior look like?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion ss tunic?
    P
    Many

I don,t know for the inside i ask for more pics but do you think its a Original one?

?

This is not the first time this M43 has been shown in the public domain Iam positive I have seen this tunic before some months ago but for the life of me I can not remember wear as to the interior I will bet it has had a coarse wool blanket laid on the inside and resewn through the original tunic to cover the holes.

Regards Mark K

I want to see the interior before commenting on this.

Edit, I think Mark might well be right.

?

Im sticking to my opinion that its real, however It's extremely damaged and then repaired. the repair job is quite rough, but I'm sure it's better than it looked like before! As for the method of repair, it may be a wool blanket, as mentioned before.
    And I thought mine was salty!! Wooweee! This one is so salty, it was dredged from the Dead Sea!
    Im wondering what happened to it? Maybe used as bayonet practice?!

Update:
    Remember guys, it may be in bad, baaaaddd shape. It's still real and better than a minty reproduction, IMO. This was saved from the rubbish pile and it deserves a second chance.

?

IMO Dean you are correct if original and the price was right I would buy it for the purpose of display would make a hell of a conversation piece as to the majority of the damage and repairs I am thinking they will be post war .

Regards Mark K

?

I concur . One could spend hours contemplating the cause of the damage!

?

Dean in image five look closely at the stitching for the new button hole and it is very hard to tell from the images but they may have followed the original stitching pattern through the large repair ie... the inner flap behind the button holes regardless IMO a very interesting tunic that leave one guessing at the origins of the damage.

Regards Mark K

I've come across such damaged and patched up tunics before at the Great Western Show. A Frenchman had a whole pile of them...they were from POWs and those were rudimentary repairs...
    cheers, Glenn

Do you all think it is worth to change it for a police tunic in normal state?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast