Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions needed

Article about: See the attached and comment please

OKW
    ?

Default Opinions needed

See the attached and comment please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions needed   Opinions needed  

Opinions needed   Opinions needed  

Opinions needed   Opinions needed  

Opinions needed  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Opinions needed

I'm sorry, that is not a good cap IMO

I second my UK colleague. Look on Shea's site for a real example, as well as on Whamond's site.

?

Yes, that is a fake. Nothing original, the liner's cloth the SS Panzer Trapezoid, the black wool and cut, similar, but not as must be
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Member sscrooge has bought one original cap in the "for sale" section. Yours is a fake Dachau type
    Here is the cap https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...nzer-m43-6232/
    Regards,
    Dimas

I lifted these images from the Shea site. This is an authentic cap of the so called Dachau hoard from the Bekleidungslager. I had one in 1971 which I got for very little money, I should think maybe fifty bucks or so. I sold it a couple of years later for somewhat more. La di da. They were not very impressive caps in their time, and I do not find them so now, but I cannot account for public taste. Suum cuique.
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions needed  Opinions needed  Opinions needed 

OKW
    ?

Thanks for your replies, the current owner wants GBP150 for it. He'll be waiting a long time.

Quote by OKW View Post
    the current owner wants GBP150 for it. be
    That would send alarm bells ringing straight away

?

The BeVo attached eagle was never seen by me with that kind of caps , I mean "Dachau" type caps with that kind of visor ( presstoff inside). I have seen about 6 of them and all of them was with mashine embroidered eagle.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The BeVo attached eagle was never seen by me with that kind of caps , I mean "Dachau" type caps with that kind of visor ( presstoff inside). I have seen about 6 of them and all of them was with mashine embroidered eagle.
    The illustration I have added in post 6 from the Shea site clearly shows this insignia mentioned by my Baltic friend.

I wish I had kept the one I owned in 1972, had I known how popular they would be four decades later. Shucks.

More recently I owned three of these things attached here and I traded them all off to a well known dealer...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions needed