Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions Needed on Cotton SS Armband

Article about: Hello All, any opinions would be appreciated on this cotton SS armband. It has been sewn on something with black thread and shows wear and age, but the swastika is offset in the roundel. The

Default Opinions Needed on Cotton SS Armband

Hello All, any opinions would be appreciated on this cotton SS armband. It has been sewn on something with black thread and shows wear and age, but the swastika is offset in the roundel. These cotton armbands are way out of my wheelhouse. If additional photos are needed, just let me know. Thank you for looking. Mike
    Opinions Needed on Cotton SS ArmbandOpinions Needed on Cotton SS ArmbandOpinions Needed on Cotton SS ArmbandOpinions Needed on Cotton SS ArmbandOpinions Needed on Cotton SS ArmbandOpinions Needed on Cotton SS ArmbandOpinions Needed on Cotton SS ArmbandOpinions Needed on Cotton SS Armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions Needed on Cotton SS Armband
    P
    Many

Hello for me the proportions are way off. The center round diameter compared to the oddly thick black edge border, especially. The swas arms are uneven and not perpendicular to one another, showing poor construction. The wear also seems faked as only the high points of the double layered swas material shows soiling/wear. IMHO it's postwar made. Kindest regards.

Brian

Can't imagine this one would have passed the high standards set by the RZM.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you for your help fellows. It's kind of what I figured, but it's always best to check before throwing something in the junk box. Best regards, Mike

It's possible pre RZM but not probable.
    Most likely a repro.
    The swaz is only off center depending on how the armband was
    positioned on the sleeve.
    The seam on the band could have been aligned with the sleeve seam on the brownshirt.
    It's sure not RZM

The swas is off center in the white roundel. The back seam lines up fine with the roundel.

My mistake!