Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on Panzergrenadier SS Officers Cap

Article about: Need help with this one. Found no synthetic materials, moisture shield is definitively celluloid, stiff and yellow. Lining looks like artificial silk. Sweatband is leather with cork undernea

?

Default Opinions on Panzergrenadier SS Officers Cap

Need help with this one. Found no synthetic materials, moisture shield is definitively celluloid, stiff and yellow. Lining looks like artificial silk. Sweatband is leather with cork underneath by forehead.
    Absolutely has wear and aging. Fiber visor has age cracking also. Chincord is good with the cardboard base slider. Came with no insignia. Any opinions please?? If your comment is negative
    could you please provide an explanation. Thanks
    Last edited by aa-mil; 05-29-2012 at 09:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Panzergrenadier SS Officers Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions on Panzergrenadier SS Officers Cap

I'd like to hear your opinion of the hat. It sounds like you've bought it already so you must have one? an opinion I mean.

My intention is not to be rude but I noticed that you've been a forum member since 2008, yet have only 12 posts, all of which have asked for opinions and nothing else.

I think we've got to a point here now on this forum where the majority of members are very generous with their time and knowledge and are a bit fed up with these kinds of posts.

What's your thoughts on this and could you explain why we should all authenticate for you what potentially could be (or not) a $20k hat?

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I'd like to hear your opinion of the hat. It sounds like you've bought it already so you must have one? an opinion I mean.

My intention is not to be rude but I noticed that you've been a forum member since 2008, yet have only 12 posts, all of which have asked for opinions and nothing else.

I think we've got to a point here now on this forum where the majority of members are very generous with their time and knowledge and are a bit fed up with these kinds of posts.

What's your thoughts on this and could you explain why we should all authenticate for you what potentially could be (or not) a $20k hat?
    Actually I have not bought it and it's not mine. The person who asked me to authenticate it wanted more than just my opinion and if you want to hear it here it is. I sort of gave you an idea in my opening salvo.

If that was a Heer visor I would have no problem giving it the thumbs up. Logically if it's good enough for Heer it should be good for SS. But not so.

Anything SS is under extreme scrutiny and what's real for one person my not be for another. I couldnt find anything wrong with the hat as a German WW2 hat but as SS

am not an expert on SS stuff not my field of expertise. I can take 10 experts and guarantee that I will get different opinions on most SS items unless they are textbook perfect and if they are they then you dont need to be an expert just have a good eye.

As far as your other comment. I was under the understanding that forums are for listing items to promote discussion whether the opinion is positive or negative. No I dont need your opinion

I know plenty of high end collectors or dealers to do that (After 47 years one gets around) (By the way even they can be wrong at times) but since this is mostly a European collector forum I thought that a different perspective

my be in line. Cheers

?

Quote by aa-mil View Post
    No I dont need your opinion.
    Oh well, good luck then! with 47 years of experience, you should know what this cap is and not have to bother us Europeans with our limited knowledge.

?

Well, you don't seem to have much understanding for Ben's point of view on this matter, and if don't need his or other members opinions as stated, feel free to take down the pics. It's fairly easy to do.

Best regards

Lars

?

Ive should have know better, by the way Ben you are rude.

Without pictures, this thread is useless. Taking them down, in my opinion, was not the thing to do. I must disagree with Datrus on this action. I can understand Ben's feelings as we moderators see an increasing amount of posts which ask for an opinion where it is evident that the poster does not want to exert any time personally researching an item. To be a serious collector, one must labor in the fields of self education and not always rely on more experienced members for a quick answer. The Forum has a search engine which in many cases should afford some information on the authenticity of an item. I would like to see the pictures of this cap so we could all discuss it or at least have something to study.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

You are right of course. Sorry for encouraging that.

Regards, Lars