Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions SS Oberstrumbannführer Boards

Article about: These SS Oberstrumbannführer Boards are off a friends of mine tunic. I have my opinions on them, but he would like other opinions. The tunic itself is a late war tailor made dutch fabric. I'

Default Opinions SS Oberstrumbannführer Boards

These SS Oberstrumbannführer Boards are off a friends of mine tunic. I have my opinions on them, but he would like other opinions. The tunic itself is a late war tailor made dutch fabric. I'm trying to get him to let me post photos of it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions SS Oberstrumbannführer Boards   Opinions SS Oberstrumbannführer Boards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions SS Oberstrumbannführer Boards
    P
    Many

They look OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Good looking boards !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I agree with the above.

Thanks Gentleman, that's what I had thought. I'm hoping to post the tunic soon. There is just and interesting note to the boards and tunic. The tunic was one of several from a vet's son. The tunic were basically untouched since there bring back in 1945. Two officers tunic had boards and the rank collar tab removed by the officer and were found in the pockets(not unusual). So my question is would it still be concerned to be a restored tunic? If an original thread was used to put back in the board buttons and rank collar tab?? I know at times this topic of resewing tabs is very controversial in nature, or just leave the whole tunic as found partially stripped.

?

Most collectors would say yes, that would be called "A restored Tunic". This because it can most likely not be proven these are the original pieces of cloth that are belonging to the uniform.

The amount of money these old pieces are "worth", makes collectors only want to pay top Euros for untouched specimens. This because of resell reasons. a questionable item is very hard to sell compared to untouched pieces.

The second a needle and thread starts to reattach something it is considered "restored" or "partial restored".

Maybe others have different thoughts around this.

I'd consider it a rebadged tunic, which in my opinion is much better than a restored one. however, as stated priory, that is near impossible to prove.