Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!

Article about: JUST WANDERING IF YOU GUYS THINK THIS GREATCOAT LOOKS GOOD TO YOU GUYS,im far from being an expert and consider myself a total novice BUT TO ME THIS ONE LOOKS GOOD(IVE BEEN COMPARING IT TO K

Default Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!

Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!JUST WANDERING IF YOU GUYS THINK THIS GREATCOAT LOOKS GOOD TO YOU GUYS,im far from being an expert and consider myself a total novice BUT TO ME THIS ONE LOOKS GOOD(IVE BEEN COMPARING IT TO KNOWN ORIGINAL EXAMPLES ON THE net and this looks good to me but would love a second opinion from a "expert" on "AUTHENTICITY" and "PRICE"THANKS FOR YOUR HONEST AND EXPERIENCED OPINIONS IN ADVANCE!!BEST REGARDS ANDREAS!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!

Opinions on this waffen ss greatcoat please!!enjoy the pics!!here ist the inner "ettikette"/ name tag??

I am rather unsure on the originality of this coat. Wait for the experts.
    Morris

Hi Morris!,thankyou for your opinion,ill wait,just want to make sure before i "invest BIG $$$$" cant really afford to lose out buying a repro with my income at the moment....I really hope this pans out as ive been looking for an og ss great coat for a while now and I would be able to afford this but it would "litterally" wipe out my savings that i have so i really need to be sure...THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR OPINIONS...I TRULY DO APRECIATEE THE TIME YOU TAKE TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE!!THANKYOU

I do not like the cut of this coat. The property tag in the neck is not what I would expect to find in a period garment. Although the address is laid out in period fashion, I would expect a period tag to have unit information and not a home address. It is easy to try and leave the gohst of an insion a garment. In this case, the image is too light for an insignia left on a garment for a period of time.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

This is a good original item. Very nice and like it. Cut is correct for this pattern of coat. There is a very good image in an old paperback book called "The Black Angels" of a group of very sullent Waffen SS POW's wearing these. I have the book somewhere....

I think the tag is fooling you. This will be a post war addition. Remember clothing was in short supply post war for many many years. A soldier would not have a property label with his home address on it. This is a civilian addition.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I'am concur with Ade, original SS Uebermantel. The tag shown on the liner is from the Auistrian costumes rental firm. I have several coats with the same name, just marked with a stamp

The difference in SS Uebermantel between Heeres- the french cuff, SS coat didn't have it
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Seems someone has "clean" them from an old garbage. Someone from Germany or Austria takes a huge lot of uniforms, mostly it was a very worn examples. Also huge quantity of insignia and SS armbands. Some of the insignia is floating in the Germany and some of the insignia discussed at WAF, considered as a fakes, may be a real, but may be a postwar made for film purposes, one of the similar tabs are currently discussed at the WAF, it's without buckram. IMHO it was just broken by some of the movie workers to complete the uniforms. SS Armbands seen by me are undoubtedly originals... Also I have seen a couple of Mannschaft machine wowen very scarce Dachau cufftitles, seems like from the same source, one of them has some traces of silver paint over the machine embroidery, similar smell, and similar condition as for the rest of the items. But probably the current owner has no rush in selling the stuff, sometimes floated tunics and coats, and seems he selling items in worse condition first
    Regards,
    Dimas

Nice one Dim.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast