Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

original?

Article about: The authentic item is made of textiles that are, despite all claims of heaps of old cloth left over that have been whipped into perfect frauds, fairly unique. Moreover, the handicraft, art,

original?And, there are two things to do, one of which merely costs time and attention.

Firstly, look at what is on this site. It is contained in no single book.

Secondly, invest a few hundred Euros in sound books, which are vastly cheaper than junk SS regalia, i.e. the thing you enclosed.

For one thousand Euros you can buy a nice shelf of books, which will give you a clear idea of the challenge.

The Beaver books from Schiffer include the real items and the Mollo books in their seven volumes explain the evolution of the uniforms with the organization.

The Wim Saris books on headgear are also excellent, as well as the Shea Beaver book on headgear, too.

And, if you find something, show it to us and we will give you an opinion based on around three hundred years of experience if I add up the record of the sound people here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-26-2014 at 07:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original?
    P
    Many

Many, many thanks Berthold. I appreciate your honesty and offering. Your uniforms are so beautiful! I love all them!.: O

Quote by venezia View Post
    Many, many thanks Berthold. I appreciate your honesty and offering. Your uniforms are so beautiful! I love all them!.: O
    Thanks. Good luck. Bob Coleman knows far more than do I, but ebay is a snake pit. It was alright in the very beginning, but it quickly collapsed into absurdity.

Send me a pm, and I will give you some ideas.

All the best, and greetings to Venezia. FB

Please abandon trying to find genuine material on Ebay or any of the other on line auction sites. These places are populated by fraudsters seeking the unenlightened upon who to dump their garbage. A genuine black set for a sturmbannfuhrer would likely be in the range of 15K. What is of utmost importance is self education.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Please abandon trying to find genuine material on Ebay or any of the other on line auction sites. These places are populated by fraudsters seeking the unenlightened upon who to dump their garbage. A genuine black set for a sturmbannfuhrer would likely be in the range of 15K. What is of utmost importance is self education.
    Well said. Bob is an expert.

JMM
    ?

Amazing collection you have, Friedrich.
    Thanks for sharing the wonderful and detailed pics.

Quote by JMM View Post
    Amazing collection you have, Friedrich.
    Thanks for sharing the wonderful and detailed pics.
    Thanks. Happy collecting. What you see here took my fifty years to figure out and cost a great deal of money and time, to be sure.
    We have some collectors here who are much smarter than I am, and this is the only place in the digital mad house to find out
    necessary things about this regalia.

If I have time and can concentrate, I will prepare a tutorial here for the beginner, which my friends can help with, surely.
    That is, what you should examine to secure a real item.
    It is awfully complicated.
    We have all the building blocks of knowledge and images here, but it requires some didactic reflection to arrange them.

original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?The first aspect is, of course, the appearance of the original, the standardized cut which more or less took hold in the course of 1933-34.

original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?original?The second criterion is familiarity with German uniform tailoring of the epoch, to include the textiles.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast