Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Original or fake Totenkopf

Article about: as " The Dude " Lebowski said " collect SS stuff now ? " f*** it !

?

Default Original or fake Totenkopf

Hey everyone, just wondering what the general concensus on this piece is. Thanks guys !!!!! Chance to purchase.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original or fake Totenkopf   Original or fake Totenkopf  

Attached Images Attached Images Original or fake Totenkopf 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original or fake Totenkopf
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original or fake Totenkopf

compare and contrast.... I think the piece you have posted is either: a.) a very worn alu Deschler, or, b.) much more likely, a cast copy of same.

If the thing is plainly not light and made of something other than alu, then do not buy it.

Postscriptum: I have no idea why I fall into these traps about "sculls," not the least because the authorities here have failed to answer the call to arms and post a tutorial with the relevant facts.

Post-postscriptum: I am no authority at all. I merely collect the badges attached to caps as so indicated here. Neither is my eyesight nor my interest in these things especially great. The motor vehicle authorities claimed I was weak sighted, until my own eye doctor disproved their empty claims at great expense and more time. But I surely cannot see the nooks and crannies in these that others can. I got Icelandic ash in my eyes, of course.

Only one of the pieces I have posted is an aluminum Deschler cap badge, i.e. the cap with multiple views.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original or fake Totenkopf   Original or fake Totenkopf  

Attached Images Attached Images Original or fake Totenkopf  Original or fake Totenkopf 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-03-2010 at 05:16 AM.

I have images of authentic alu Deschler insignia somewhere among thousands of images, but the other savants here can also show same with an equitable sharing of the burden.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original or fake Totenkopf  

an attractive piece still in situ for only something more than USD 13,000 dollars. This is not an alu piece. Nor is it my property, either. It could be yours, of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images Original or fake Totenkopf 

I cannot find the alu images I thought I had....
    why don't one of you here do it?

Do not the badges look nicer on the caps themselves?
    Attached Images Attached Images Original or fake Totenkopf  Original or fake Totenkopf  Original or fake Totenkopf 

it doesn't look like an original.

"Neither is my eyesight nor my interest in these things especially great".
    I can only recommend reading spectacles for this problem, may also improve your viewing ability of the opposite sex
    Wolfslair.

That is an aluminium Deschler, very hard to come by. The thing is with these is it's all in the teeth, and these teeth seem to be very worn.

Skulls are getting better and better at being faked. I won't commit myself on this one as it has original traits, but something bugs me

Much rarer than its zinc or Cupral counterpart
    Attached Images Attached Images Original or fake Totenkopf  Original or fake Totenkopf 

let me know the weight of the skull if possible.

Mr. Brandon's badge is identical to the piece on one of my caps, actually, two of my caps.

My hunch is that the first piece here is a fake, really.

It would be a cinch to compare an authentic one to the piece in question by conventional means, but these images are just a goat rope, really.

My interest in women is greater than SS cap insignia, in fact.

All the pictures we put here in the internet are resulting in more subtle fakes, surely.

Pi pa po.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast