Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this an original SS Greatcoat???

Article about: First of all, I'm not even really sure if this is technically a "greatcoat" so please correct me if I'm wrong - what is this piece referred to specifically? I'm more a Heer cloth c

?

Default Is this an original SS Greatcoat???

First of all, I'm not even really sure if this is technically a "greatcoat" so please correct me if I'm wrong - what is this piece referred to specifically? I'm more a Heer cloth collector so SS stuff is a bit out of my scope.

Do you SS cloth experts think this is the real deal? If not, what about it does not look right to you?

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an original SS Greatcoat???   Is this an original SS Greatcoat???  

Is this an original SS Greatcoat???   Is this an original SS Greatcoat???  

Is this an original SS Greatcoat???   Is this an original SS Greatcoat???  

Is this an original SS Greatcoat???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original SS Greatcoat???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this an original SS Greatcoat???

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

JPhillip,

Not sure why, but your comment came through fine in the email I got showing your reply, but it isn't displaying in the thread.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'm not sure if the SS Insignia are original or not. I'm hoping you can tell me

?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd love to get some feedback. I may be looking at this and several other cloth items tomorrow and just want some other opinions before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!!

It seems odd to me that a tropical eagle would be sewn on a winter greatcoat. JMO, rick

?

Good point Rick! Hadn't thought of that. Then again, if you're going through the trouble to fake a Greatcoat, why not do so with the proper Eagle?

Hi D, an original greatcoat, but all the insignia is not original to the coat and is fake.

Fakers often use incorrect insignia.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade. Rick mentioned the same things, that the Eagle is not right. Definitely something I'll watch for going forward.

?

What books would you guys recommend as GREAT (not just good, but GREAT) reference books for Heer uniforms, Luftwaffe and SS uniforms? Same with Caps, Visors and Helmets?

As greatcoats are still relatively cheap to buy, this makes them popular with con men who like to try and turn them in more profitable SS greatcoats.

This gets more dangerous if they use all original insignia: however the cost to the average faker makes this out of reach. Indeed, sometimes the cost of the parts used to assemble a fake SS greatcoat makes it not worthwhile doing.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast