Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Original SS jacket?

Article about: Hi all! I have seen this "SS jacket" for sale, but is a really SS jacket, or a repro/copy? thank you very much!!

Default Original SS jacket?

Hi all! I have seen this "SS jacket" for sale, but is a really SS jacket, or a repro/copy?

thank you very much!!

Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?Original SS jacket?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original SS jacket?
    P
    Many

Not for me - repairs and damage do not look natural ( trained moths perhaps? )
    Also, cuffs, elbows and pockets that SHOULD show wear - don't.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I think its a copy. The lining especially looks wrong.

Thank you very much guys! it's hard to find original SS jacket at a good price, and when you see one, you have to be very sure that is original, so, not for me neither!

Quote by williamsong View Post
    Thank you very much guys! it's hard to find original SS jacket at a good price, and when you see one, you have to be very sure that is original, so, not for me neither!
    The clue to where you are going wrong is probably in your statement about finding one for a good price, if you want one with no issues,I expect you can find them but buy from a reputable dealer or other trusted source and pay the going rate for it. Quite often you get what you pay for and if it is cheaper than the going rate, that is usually because it is not a good period original. Bargains can be found, but if you cannot spot them without needing to ask if they are good then you would be better to wait until you have attained that level of knowledge which would allow you to do so, especially on expensive items. On cheap items, ie not SS for instance, it might be worth taking a chance on a bargain, but if you can't afford to throw away the price of such, then you had better wait or pay the market price IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Totally agree Jerry, in my country there's a saying that goes, "the cheap end in expensive" or something like that (sorry for my english) and it's true, as you have said, in this kind of stuff, the prices are the prices, and if you see something that looks like a bargain, it's because it's not a bargain, it's a copy/repro. You have to pay the actual price of the items, and that's it.

I'm very far from been an expert, and i like to learn step by step with books and with you guys in the forum, but i have seen that one and had the hope to had find a good oportunity.

I have bought some "bargains" specially WH items, but otherwise, i have bought copys sometimes too...

I appreciate your advice and i'll keep my little knowledge (by now) growing, and taking care of the suspicious bargains out there!

Thank you very much Jerry!

I love to pick up bargains when I can, but it is fraught with potential pitfalls. good luck with your future collecting.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.