Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Papa Eicke

Article about: Fantastic thread Woske. Advanced digital magnification analysis is a tool I have been using with the detailed study of both real and fake SS decals for the past 4 years and there are obvious

?

Default Re: Papa Eicke

Here's a good example of how difficult this area of collecting can be. Below is a signature of Adolf Hitler on a postcard. At first inspection, the signature looks to be ink handwritten. Then look at the following image with highlighted areas.
    Woske.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Papa Eicke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Papa Eicke
    P
    Many

?

Take a close look at the highlighted areas. There is not one crossover, where one stroke crosses another. Also the beginning of two strokes is not definite as in handwritten examples. In my opinion, this example is almost certainly a printed or autopen example. What do you think?
    Woske.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Papa Eicke  

ww2fotos
    ?

If you look at the signature under a good glass you can ALWAYS tell whether or not it is hand-written. The printed signature invaribly starts with a rounded stroke, and ends with a rounded stroke. NO penmanship could create those rounded strokes. I have examined lots of signatures, and found that to be fool-proof. That, and what Woske describes above makes it 100% certain.

Quote by Woske View Post
    Here's a good example of how difficult this area of collecting can be. Below is a signature of Adolf Hitler on a postcard. At first inspection, the signature looks to be ink handwritten. Then look at the following image with highlighted areas.
    Woske.
    Thanks for the tutorial. More of your expertise with such examples will offer much profit to all your readers here. Danke vielmals.

Thanks for the tutorial.
    So let's see if I've learned anything.
    Based on these photos these signatures looks to be handwritten, or am I wrong?Papa EickePapa EickePapa EickePapa EickePapa Eicke

?

Unfortunately, a definitive answer cannot be given as enlargement of your images results in a certain amount of blurring. However, based on the images provided, my initial assessment would be that the von Ribbentrop, the second Hitler and the bottom Goebbels almost certainly appear to be handwritten. The Hindenburg and Goebbels in the first image are probably handwritten (with reservations). The first Hitler requires closer examination under strong magnification or improved technically sharp scanning. To obtain 100% certainty in any of these, in the absence of images of the correct technical specification, physical examination is necessary.
    Woske.

?

Quote by Woske View Post
    Take a close look at the highlighted areas. There is not one crossover, where one stroke crosses another. Also the beginning of two strokes is not definite as in handwritten examples. In my opinion, this example is almost certainly a printed or autopen example. What do you think?
    Woske.
    Very interesting. The darker edges to the signature in places would be enough to fool an unsuspecting collector but I'm guessing the excess ink in these places is because the ink has been pushed there under pressure from a stamp?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have a question for Wolske..........................

The signature that I have shown in these pictures, is a fake.
    I know that for certain as it was given to me by an old chap at the SOS in Kentucy a few years ago.

His "story" was, he had a supply of these original cards, and old typewriter, and a flare for Hitler's autograph, he told me that he had got his signature off to a tee.

I would never sell it as i know it's fake, but my question is..............

How good is it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Papa Eicke   Papa Eicke  

Papa Eicke  

?

John,
    The thing most obvious about your piece is that the card is not original, regardless of what the man said. The golden block lettering and eagle and swastika are of extremely poor quality. You can see from original Hitler personal correspondence cards what a high quality they were. From your images, the signature does not look to be handwritten, but a printed/facsimile example.
    Woske.

?

Here are two examples of original personal correspondence card/letter headings. The difference in quality is obvious.
    Woske.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Papa Eicke   Papa Eicke  

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast