Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Papa Eicke

Article about: Fantastic thread Woske. Advanced digital magnification analysis is a tool I have been using with the detailed study of both real and fake SS decals for the past 4 years and there are obvious

Default Papa Eicke

came all out from Munich.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Papa Eicke
    P
    Many

Default Re: Papa Eicke

Nice pick up Robert.
    You seem to get some very scarce items on your visits to Germany and Austria.
    Wolfslair

The back of the framed picture just does not look right to me!
    Just to clean, I would expect the tape to be brown coloured paper type ,the nails to show a little rust, a bit of dust to the backing card and the backing card to be of a different sort. Also no nicotine stains, back in the day the vast majority of households would have had at least one smoker. The hand writing just seems to squat and rounded to be period and looks to of been done with a roller ball pen and not a nibbed tip.

?

I think this lot is fake. The signature is stamped or printed; the framing is post-war and the flyer looks to be fantasy.
    Woske.

not looking right to me and thinking is not knowing, and when someone cannot judge a stamped or printed sign. from an original one I have nothing further to ad about this matter as it's a shame ...

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by Robert H View Post
    not looking right to me and thinking is not knowing, and when someone cannot judge a stamped or printed sign. from an original one I have nothing further to ad about this matter as it's a shame ...
    Want to sell it?

both items went already to 2 well known collectors

I do wish that people would not comment if they have no experience on items, it does nothing for credibility.

Really nice items Robert. As it has been proved time and time again. The stuff is out there you just gotta find it

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I do wish that people would not comment if they have no experience on items, it does nothing for credibility.

Really nice items Robert. As it has been proved time and time again. The stuff is out there you just gotta find it
    I'm afraid I have a great deal of experience and knowledge regarding signatures of the Third Reich, especially SS items. It is my specialty and I've been collecting them since the 1970s and researching the subject 10 years before that. I stand by my original assessment....that Eicke signature is not handwritten by him and, given the chance, I could prove it, regardless of who has bought or sold it.
    Woske.

ww2fotos
    ?

I have a question. On the back of the portrait there are stamps denoting his DOB & DOD. Why would they put them at such an ungainly angel? Doesn't seem very German to me! Any ideas? I'd still like to buy it - at printed signature price. It looks like a nice AK -- if the AK is original, of course.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast