Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's cap

Article about: Our Alsatian friend found little resonance with his display of this fake cap on the other site. He is right to damn it. See comparison.

Default Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's cap

Our Alsatian friend found little resonance with his display of this fake cap on the other site.

He is right to damn it. Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's cap

See comparison.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's cap

Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capCompare above to this....

Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capThe velvet used in black SS officers cap was called Linden Samt in the era, and is poorly imitated.

Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capThe textile in the cap cover of the fake, however, based on its appearance in the photo is close, indeed. And the creeps have found someone who knows how to make the cap cover and the crown piping look trim and straight.

They also got the pumpkin color of the reverse of the peak right, but the peak itself is quite off in ways that I will not divulge.

I do not think they fully duplicate the hand lacquered peaks of the era, which inevitably show their age.....

Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capNonetheless, a real cap is easily distinguished from a fake, so long as you have the real prototype in your mitts.

Pascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capPascal Bernhard versus the fake black officer's capThe fake black SS cap is a theme of decades.....

They are certainly improving their craft. Without a doubt, several of these latest models will be available at the SOS. The truth is in the details but those errors are slowly being corrected.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    They are certainly improving their craft. Without a doubt, several of these latest models will be available at the SOS. The truth is in the details but those errors are slowly being corrected.

Well said. Since there are so few informative and usable images of real caps in the internet, I am at pains to add authentic items. Whether the result has benefit or not, I am unsure.

One does well to consider the perceptions and frame of mind of the novice, whereby some of us make the error of assuming too much knowledge of beginners, who are likely as not just disconcerted and terminally confused by many of these threads.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-28-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I do not think they fully duplicate the hand lacquered peaks of the era, which inevitably show their age.....
    Time erodes everything . . . with such a great effort being waged, some day, this will no longer be a remarkable statement.

In my time, I anticipate the day when no amount of knowledge will be capable of disclaiming the forgeries . . .

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Time erodes everything . . . with such a great effort being waged, some day, this will no longer be a remarkable statement.

In my time, I anticipate the day when no amount of knowledge will be capable of disclaiming the forgeries . . .
    Perhaps you are right.