Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Photo Reference of SS Reserve Collar Tabs

Article about: This photo was sold on a SoCal glamor dealer's site a little while ago. I know I have more photos of this type insignia. As for a one-piece type similar to signals, rider or motor Stas I'm n

?

This photo was sold on a SoCal glamor dealer's site a little while ago. I know I have more photos of this type insignia. As for a one-piece type similar to signals, rider or motor Stas I'm not so sure. I will keep looking. Thanks to Mr. d'alquen for his dedication and generosity.
    Last edited by jHAM; 10-22-2013 at 02:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photo Reference of SS Reserve Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

?

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Mr. jHAM started this nice thread a while back.

interesting Stammabteilung photos

Mr. d'alquen has a wealth of knowledge regarding this subject, as I understand, and some of the images in the above thread, I believe, are his. Many thanks to anyone who can offer more insight and period photos regarding this subject.

CMH
    I actually do not think any of the photos I posted in that thread came from Mr. d'alquen. However one of those you posted did. Forgive me for this small correction. I don't mean to cast stones. Let it be known I save every photo I find of the black dienstrock and when they might be of use or interesting I share them with the top rate members of this fine forum.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    This is the first version of the insignia I'm interested in. The reserve collar patch "R" was worn on both sides of the collar behind the regiment number. I believe that this first pattern was later replaced by a single patch bearing the foot regiment number combined with the letter 'R', and that is the badge I am searching for a picture of.
    D'Alquen
    Spectacular image sir, and one I, too, have never seen. Thank you for posting it and I hope you don't mind if I save it in my archives. looking forward to learning something here!
    The SS and its regulations and transformations bring much confusion upon me, but I must admit, it's quite pleasing to continuously learn new aspects about such almost daily.
    A great reminder of just how young I am, and how much I truly don't know.

At the risk of hijacking and perhaps diverting my own thread here is more of the image. Interestingly, in addition to the Reserve tab it shows the SS officer of the group wearing the old pattern Reichswehr shooting badges on his left cuff.
    I will post the document that got me started on this thread later.
    D'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo Reference of SS Reserve Collar Tabs  

Thanks to all, Top flight and very subtle material; happy we are that it is all here.

Here is the document that I came across just recently that made me start this thread to enquire about a second pattern of the Reserve tab. It was sent to Wolff prior to the June 1937 re-organisation of the Allgemeine-SS insignia and requests that consideration be given to a new style of patch as the original pattern was too large, went too far up the collar and was unattractive. Unfortunately I have no record of the attachments that were sent with the letter.
    D'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photo Reference of SS Reserve Collar Tabs  

Very remarkable object, even better than the photos as such makes clear the decision making process about the insignia. Thank you for sharing these fine things with us. David Delich has written to express his thanks, too.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Very remarkable object, even better than the photos as such makes clear the decision making process about the insignia. Thank you for sharing these fine things with us. David Delich has written to express his thanks, too.
    I associate myself with FB's comments above.

Kind regards,

CMH

very nice material, one of such R tabs was the first SS insignia ever got. Gladly still have it.
    Have to see think it is with a blk silk label on back with a year. But have to look.

Robert, do show us your badge, please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast