Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pic - Allgemeine SS Tunic

Article about: Hallo I have got this pic from a colleague who found it among other pics from his grandfather. I am not so in SS stuff therefore my questions: - What rank is it - What means the 89 on the co

?

Default Pic - Allgemeine SS Tunic

Hallo

I have got this pic from a colleague who found it among other pics from his grandfather.

I am not so in SS stuff therefore my questions:

- What rank is it
    - What means the 89 on the collar tab

The Chevron on the sleeve is the "Alte Kämpfer Winkel" when i am not mistaken.

PS: ... yes i ask him to look for the tunic

Br
    Herbert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pic - Allgemeine SS Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pic - Allgemeine SS Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Pic - Allgemeine SS Tunic

Dear Ostmark, Of course Standarte 89 was one of the two Wiener Standarten of the Allgemeine SS, named as it was for Planetta, one of the leaders of the July 1934 Putsch that assasinated the chancellor of the Staendestaat Dolfuss. He, in turn, was put to death by the Schuschnigg government and later rendered a martyr for Greater Germany by the Nazis after March 1938...as I am sure you already know.

If the uniform survives and is for sale, please count me as a potential buyer. The man has the Sturmmann rank as indicated by my British colleague and was a member of this organization and or the party prior to 30 January 1933. Any Austrian SS uniform is especially interesting, granted precisely this history of illegality and terrorist acts against the Staendestaat government in the years 1933-1938.

A stripped uniform of the Standarte "Planetta" emerged in the last decade and was sold to a noteworthy US collector. Of course, one has also to be very careful with these pieces, as a large number of stripped uniforms were found both in the Tschechei and the USSR before the end of the latter.

Attached are authentic black SS uniforms from western Germany without an honor title. They are integral and equipped with sound provenance, if such a thing is necessary. The re made uniforms tend to be those issued pieces more or less for other ranks.

I just returned from the banks of the Danube. Vienna is my favorite place on earth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pic - Allgemeine SS Tunic  

?

Thanks guys for your reply. It got a bit more complicated
    the Sturmmann is a brother of his grandfathers ... i forgot the rest my colleague told me now

Anyway he got the order to find out where he was living and if there is still some Nazi stuff . You know the chance to find something (especially SS) is near zero ... but lets see

PS: Friedrich when you are in Vienna next time send me a PM

Lieber Ostmark, thanks. One can only hope the uniform has survived, but granted my experience of these things, I would not hold my breath. There is a lot of NS stuff in Austria in deep storage, where it does not see the light of day, since the laws there, as you know, are more strict than in Germany. But a black SS uniform was a good candidate for the Scheiterhaufen in 1945 or the Flohmarkt years later or to be recycled and worn when there were no textiles in the black market period. I wll be in Wien again in Mai and will send you a note.

Vienna is a wonderful place. But the economic crisis in Hungary and elsewhere in central and eastern Europe has had a devastating impact.

Servus, FB