Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Post your favorite SS Item!!

Article about: Now thats just greedy! Very nice!

Default Re: Post your favorite SS Item!!

Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!
    Quote by Gary Bryan View Post
    all i can say is thanku for sharing. This site is amazing although ive only been a mamber 1 month i feel im finally in safe hands.
    Welcome and good luck with your collecting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your favorite SS Item!!
    P
    Many

I could never get use to seeing a vast amount of authenic SS regalia. The beauty of everything about history just draws me into a time period so far away. What we leave here on the internet will last forever, future generations shall see the images of what may not exist in their time. Unless of course the internet disappears and War Relics gets deleted, all traces of it.

Happy Collecting and Learning

Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!
    Quote by NDShooter View Post
    I could never get use to seeing a vast amount of authenic SS regalia. The beauty of everything about history just draws me into a time period so far away. What we leave here on the internet will last forever, future generations shall see the images of what may not exist in their time. Unless of course the internet disappears and War Relics gets deleted, all traces of it.

Happy Collecting and Learning

I wonder? Well, the pictures are here now and they were bloody expensive to make, that I can tell you. So do enjoy it, because some of us will surely not have the energy or inclination to offer this circus in the fullness of time. The man with the sickle is always leering at me.

They say nothing can be deleted from the net completely, so in a sence you are leaving something for all generations after the man with the sickle comes for all of us one day. What is the meaning of life? To leave a lasting mark on the world? To be a good lover? To live it to the fullest?

Good health to everyone!

Very fine questions, indeed. Good that you pose them.

Just to think; A chicken farmer will live forever in history while those of us who have lived an honest, hard working life will maybe, one day be forgotten. Does this mean he has won?

Thanks for the showing Bob! You and F-B have unlimited posting in this thread. I suppose most people have multiple favorites but I must say the flag was a beauty!

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    Just to think; A chicken farmer will live forever in history while those of us who have lived an honest, hard working life will maybe, one day be forgotten. Does this mean he has won?
    He has Won? Even the Chicken Farmer knew there's only one that always wins. Who will know we were even here 100 years from now,in any case? How many of us know where lie the bones of their Great Grandparents? or Their parents? I suspect that all these expensive bits of treasures today will be meaningless crap to the peoples of the distant tomorrows. How many people today are frantic to obtain small uniform parts and insignia's from, say, Friederich the Great's armies? Napoleon's? Xerxes? What is all consuming today means nothing tomorrow. Guelphs vs. Ghibellines? The Tatars? How many fools died because a Danish cartoonist drew a unflattering picture of Muhammad? The "War to end all wars!"-WWI, is now quickly fading into legends and myths. There's no one left who was in it anymore-no more witnesses. Today, famous battlefields are no longer even known as to their locations. Where was Clontarf? No one really knows. Who was the Norseman who held back Harold Godwinson and his Anglo-Saxons at Stamford Bridge? The great Roman massacre in the Teutorburg Forests-where? Don't know. Where did Hannibal cross the Alps? Did he really have elephants? Surely we must know exactly where Cannae was? Nope. Where are the still buried explosive mines of Messines? Was Arthur real? El Cid? Did Roland of the Marshes and the Bishop die saving Charlemagne's army at Roncesvalles? Even WWII now is fading into stories and legends-many of which may well be garbled up myths of real events we may never know now. The master Russian sniper of Stalingrad? Rudolf Hess-what really happened? Today people live, eat and die where terrible things happened once-and never have a clue that they did. Whether it be a huge conflict, or a small private pocket of Hell and Nightmare fighting between a handful. Where are the other thousands of Polish officers -the Flower of the Poles-buried that were not at Katyn? Under someones corn field today? 100,000 dead building the White Sea Canal-some say over twice that many. Who remembers their names today? There are no end to the questions-and more coming all the time. And even fewer answers. With every passing year, History fades just a little bit more and Legends grow believable. Masters of today are the dust of tomorrow. Always has been that way-always will be. I read today that Hitler's ashes were flushed down the toilet into the sewers of Magdeburg. And so the Mighty and the Unknown all end up. Equal at last in the End. Was it all just "a tempest in a teacup"? The "man with the sickle" doesn't Leer at Anyone. To him, we're all mere motes of passing dust...Here today...gone tomorrow.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 03-31-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    He has Won? Even the Chicken Farmer knew there's only one that always wins. Who will know we were even here 100 years from now,in any case? How many of us know where lie the bones of their Great Grandparents? or Their parents? I suspect that all these expensive bits of treasures today will be meaningless crap to the peoples of the distant tomorrows. How many people today are frantic to obtain small uniform parts and insignia's from, say, Friederich the Great's armies? Napoleon's? Xerxes? What is all consuming today means nothing tomorrow. Guelphs vs. Ghibellines? The Tatars? How many fools died because a Danish cartoonist drew a unflattering picture of Muhammad? The "War to end all wars!"-WWI, is now quickly fading into legends and myths. There's no one left who was in it anymore-no more witnesses. Today, famous battlefields are no longer even known as to their locations. Where was Clontarf? No one really knows. Who was the Norseman who held back the Harold Godwinson and his Anglo-Saxons at Stamford Bridge? The great Roman massacre in the Teutorburg Forests-where? Don't know. Where did Hannibal cross the Alps? Did he really have elephants? Surely we must know exactly where Cannae was? Nope. Where are the still buried explosive mines of Messines? Was Arthur real? El Cid? Did Roland of the Marshes and the Bishop die saving Charlemagne's army at Roncesvalles? Even WWII now is fading into stories and legends-many of which may well be garbled up myths of real events we may never know now. The master Russian sniper of Stalingrad? Rudolf Hess-what really happened? Today people live, eat and die where terrible things happened once-and never have a clue that they did. Whether it be a huge conflict, or a small private pocket of Hell and Nightmare fighting between a handful. Where are the other thousands of Polish officers -the Flower of the Poles-buried that were not at Katyn? Under someones corn field today? 100,000 dead building the White Sea Canal-some say over twice that many. Who remembers their names today? There are no end to the questions-and more coming all the time. And even fewer answers. With every passing year, History fades just a little bit more and Legends grow believable. Masters of today are the dust of tomorrow. Always has been that way-always will be. I read today that Hitler's ashes were flushed down the toilet into the sewers of Magdeburg. And so the Mighty and the Unknown all end up. Equal at last in the End. Was it all just "a tempest in a teacup"? The "man with the sickle" doesn't Leer at Anyone. To him, we're all mere motes of passing dust...Here today...gone tomorrow.
    You reminded me of that great show I watched once. I sat throught he whole series in one sitting. I believe it is called 'Life After People'. It was very sobering.

When I visited Machu Picchu and Petra I felt the same way. Those places started out as rock. Then they got used, and now they are just rock again. Rocks will always be rocks and wool will always be wool, until it biodegrades back into the soil and grows again.

Life gets a lot easier if you look at things for what they are. We have nothing but atoms! It's silly to attach meanings to objects, but I continue to collect militaria. Our brains work in weird ways.

Stardust....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast