Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

Post your favorite SS Item!!

Article about: Now thats just greedy! Very nice!

Default Re: Post your favorite SS Item!!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Many of these things have no such story attached to them specifically, other than the experience of Europe in the first half of the 20th century. The cap badge from Bergen Belsen is especially powerful, and how many degrees of separation operated from said badge and these other items? No one can say.
    It's an interesting thought I've had before- who knows what happened to the cap from which this badge was removed, or the uniform that went with it. They could be in someone here's collection perhaps. I have similar thoughts looking at period photos, and thinking how it's possible I may have unknowingly encountered for example the helmet of a soldier in the picture...

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your favorite SS Item!!
    P
    Many

I imagine the bulk of what existed from the SS in 1945 was destroyed at the time or soon thereafter, with some noteworthy exceptions.

?

A fine example of a scarce, period made Waffen-SS ink stamp. The stamp comes from the 23rd Waffen-SS Mountain Infantry Division "KAMA". Although the division never reached its full complement, elements saw action in Hungary during October 1944. At the end of that month however, the division was disbanded, having only been in existence for several months. The division consisted of Bosnian Muslims and Croat Catholics, led by German officers, and the name "KAMA" comes from the Balkan word for a small shepherd's dagger. The division's insignia is also shown below, i.e. the sunflower symbol. The ink stamp itself is very small in size, measuring approximately 6cm in height.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your favorite SS Item!!   Post your favorite SS Item!!  

Post your favorite SS Item!!   Post your favorite SS Item!!  

Attached Images Attached Images Post your favorite SS Item!! 

I imagine the bulk of what existed from the SS in 1945 was destroyed at the time or soon thereafter, with some noteworthy exceptions.
    I would think so too, though I imagine that in this particular case, other former prisoners of Belsen may have taken uniforms too. Perhaps it was just small and symbolic pieces like this, since none of it really had any value, and I'm not sure if the British soldiers there would have prohibited such activity or not. I know there was one instance at a concentration camp liberation where the taking of any SS uniform was strictly forbidden, though I can't recall which- I'm not sure if that applied to former inmates though.

Mat

?

My Latest Tunic ... my photography doesn't do it justice. Many thanks to FB and Frog.

Congratulations!

Beautiful, Well done Mate!!!!!!

?

Attachment 360100Attachment 360098soon to be a favorite item.
    Another nice addition to your magnificent collection. I am eager to hear your analysis of the group once you have had ample time to study it. Will you have any restoration performed on the cap? Best regards from the Southland.

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 07-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.

?

Quote by mgalat View Post
    My Latest Tunic ... my photography doesn't do it justice. Many thanks to FB and Frog.

I had the chance to see this tunic when I was accepting the Stammabteilung set from Bruce. An excellent item with many features that always intrigue me, you could study this under magnification for hours. Congratulations on a wonderful addition to your fine collection.

CMH

Quote by mgalat View Post

Dear Friend, glad you secured said item. Your collection is growing nicely. best wishes, FB

- - Updated - -

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I had the chance to see this tunic when I was accepting the Stammabteilung set from Bruce. An excellent item with many features that always intrigue me, you could study this under magnification for hours. Congratulations on a wonderful addition to your fine collection.

CMH
    There are many subtle and arcane details in said items that cause endless curiosity and wonder at foetid woolens.
    Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!

Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast