Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast

Post your favorite SS Item!!

Article about: Now thats just greedy! Very nice!

?

Athena mit Dadelkiste...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your favorite SS Item!!
    P
    Many

?

By default my favorite, as it's the only SS piece I own.

Well done.

If you had to have just One piece, that is a good one to have! Indeed, well done! Very nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Tony8 View Post
    By default my favorite, as it's the only SS piece I own.

Very nice. I prefer quality over quantity anyhow, though no one will fault you for possessing both.

?

Thanks for the nice thoughts on this humble cap I've found myself the steward of, especially coming from folks with such striking collections of SS material as yourselves.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Very nice. I prefer quality over quantity anyhow, though no one will fault you for possessing both.
    I agree. If you have to pick, quality. I don't understand the branch piping fetishists or the "skull" collectors. If you own one of these things as it was in the period—in its entirety, you have a certain understanding for what a dinky-ass thing the badge actually is and how it is best appreciated as a constituent part that makes up a whole. Everyone has their own thing, and the hobby itself is kind of inherently silly so I am not judging the tastes and collecting idiosyncrasies of others. I'm just saying I don't understand. But there is a place for everyone.

These two caps represent one third of my entire collection and two thirds of the German caps I own. My collection is small partly (though not entirely!) by choice.

Very nice caps! No collection starts with 100 pieces. It is built over many years reflecting your tastes and knowledge. Well done.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks. Your collection is a marvel and the images you've posted of it have helped everyone. I'd love to see it in person some day.

Quote by Tony8 View Post
    Thanks for the nice thoughts on this humble cap I've found myself the steward of, especially coming from folks with such striking collections of SS material as yourselves.

I agree. If you have to pick, quality. I don't understand the branch piping fetishists or the "skull" collectors. If you own one of these things as it was in the period—in its entirety, you have a certain understanding for what a dinky-ass thing the badge actually is and how it is best appreciated as a constituent part that makes up a whole. Everyone has their own thing, and the hobby itself is kind of inherently silly so I am not judging the tastes and collecting idiosyncrasies of others. I'm just saying I don't understand. But there is a place for everyone.

These two caps represent one third of my entire collection and two thirds of the German caps I own. My collection is small partly (though not entirely!) by choice.
    A man after my own heart. One cap cries out for another, but these two nice examples are a whole on to themselves.

Post your favorite SS Item!!Post your favorite SS Item!!
    My only SS item which is courtesy of James C, cheers mate!....

Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast