Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about tabs from an old thread

Article about: I was looking through some old collar tab threads, and I came across the following thread: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...r-tabs-167887/ In this thread, the set of collar tabs shown

Default Question about tabs from an old thread

I was looking through some old collar tab threads, and I came across the following thread:

New Waffen SS Officer tabs

In this thread, the set of collar tabs shown below were deemed authentic by many of the prominent figures on this forum.

Someone had made a comment that it was nice to have pieces of the RZM tag still attached to the tab. I began studying the pieces of the RZM tag, and I noticed that the letters "Nr." are printed in the sequence number area, but they are in a font/style that I have never seen before. The letters are narrow, the lines are completely uniform in width, and the "N" does not have the curled legs that I am so used to seeing. The letters appear to have been applied with a rubber stamp (or so it seems). Is this a fake that slipped by the other members, or some sort of known variant that I have just never encountered before?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about tabs from an old thread
    P
    Many

I am not into tags but this set is original for sure

Thanks, Sid. I'm just curious about the RZM tag, rather than the tabs... Those letters just seem so strange to me!

I have seen some differences in fonts and type, make researches about tags and compare them, that's the best way to find out.

Yes, I've been trying to find an authentic example where "Nr." is printed in the same font used on this tag, but I'm not having any luck... Perhaps some of the other members can provide a picture or two to set the record straight!

Quote by daveward View Post
    Yes, I've been trying to find an authentic example where "Nr." is printed in the same font used on this tag, but I'm not having any luck... Perhaps some of the other members can provide a picture or two to set the record straight!
    The paper remains indeed indicate a REPRODUCTION tag - well observed .. !
    The repro tag may have been removed as incriminating , but left this tiny trace nonetheless .
    But do remember that there was a time when many an original insignia was " enhanced " carelessly with a fake label .
    For comparison purposes , here are 3 different ORIGINAL tags ( No. vs. Nr. , Latin vs. Fraktur )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about tabs from an old thread  

Thanks, Winkelman! I was wondering whether this was an attempt to increase the value of a tab by adding a reproduction RZM tag. I appreciate your assessment!

Now for some reproductions ( not the one from the start yet ) ;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about tabs from an old thread   Question about tabs from an old thread  

Attached Images Attached Images Question about tabs from an old thread  Question about tabs from an old thread 

To add to the list of examples, here's a tag that I deemed a reproduction in a previous thread (note the lack of the words "der NSDAP," the strange-looking Hersteller number, and the missing sequence number):

And here's the ( IMO quite early ) fake tag that matches the one that started this thread - note that here too , the serial number is way off the horizontal line , where originals were quite carefully placed .
    ( BTW this does not apply to the mfg. number , which may even be handwritten in some cases ) .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about tabs from an old thread  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast