Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5

Article about: Thanks to our leader, Wim Saris, for a wonderful, complete answer.

Default Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5

Hi there,

Can anyone give me some info about an Allgemeine SS cuff title with number 5 ?
    What does the 5 means ? By whom was it worn ?
    Any info is much appreciated !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5
    P
    Many

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5See here

The numeral in Arabic on the cuff usually connotes the Sturm; in some cases, if worn with alu borders by those of the Standarte command group, then the Standarte.

Such Sturmbaender in alu. are most often wrongly described as officer's cuff titles, when, most likely, they are in the postr 1937 configuration, where the colored borders were replaced with alu borders.

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5The Allgem. SS organization.

The price list is an early 1934 version, where the colored stripes for Sturmbann were later altered.

Nothing very simple here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-29-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Standarte # on the collar in arabic numerals; Sturmbann in the colored border of the cuff title; the Sturm number in arabic numeral on the title.
    There is much more beyond these basics, but my computer has gone to hell and with it my archives, so you will have to take it on faith.

?

This might be a good place to ask for a review of 'A Collector’s Guide to SS and Political Cuffbands'. SS and Political Cuffbands Would it have answered Diederik question? I have a very limited budget and I don't need to just have another book covering the same things. I already have the Mollo books, Cloth Insignia of the SS by Angolia and Uniforms, Organization and History of the Waffen-SS by Bender & Taylor, Osprey books and a few others. I am sure the publisher would say it is good, but what are the thoughts of forum members?

Is there a book seller in the Los Angeles,CA area that has them in stock?

Allgemeine SS insignia is an exceptionally complicated thing, and none of the secondary works of which I am aware interpret the material in all aspects.
    Angolia is especially lacking in my opinion. I rely on Mollo and always recommend it. The British book from Bender I do not know. If you are in California, Bender is close by. The other books can easily be had via the internet. Bruce Herman might also know, i.e. Grenadier Militaria.
    The serious collector does well to have an old fashion library, since the digital thing is hit or miss, and very often the latter.

There are newer works, yet still, but I do not know them, i.e. some things from Schiffer, whose editorial work is lacking.
    Bender does have editorial work, to his credit.

?

I stopped collecting German militaria back in the 80's (too many fakes, I have 2 sets of SS collar tabs some where that I was informed are fakes) and move to collecting Firearms of the period and Cold War uniforms from Africa. I am looking for book(s) that will have a comprehensive set photos of cufftitles and info on their units for a project on a WWII strategic game that I am modding. I love books and are worth having even if you do not collect!

And San Jose, CA is close to L.A. as Paris is close to London.

Friedrich-Berthold you are very helpful and I read your post with interest!

Thank you. Good luck. I do collect SS regalia and have done so for a very, very long time. I celebrate your interest in books.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast