Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question! SS Knights of the Lance

Article about: Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it pertains to SS memorabilia so hopefully it is. My question is: I was paging through an Old Militaria catalog and came across 14

Default Question! SS Knights of the Lance

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it pertains to SS memorabilia so hopefully it is. My question is: I was paging through an Old Militaria catalog and came across 14 extremely unusual small statuettes depicting all manners of bizarre silver skeletons-some on skeleton horses-some not-some with skeleton wings, weapons,etc. and they were supposed to be "mortuary and memorial" pieces for fallen SS members of the Knights of the Lance. Each one had a plaque on it with the man's name and death date and where,etc. Has Anyone ever seen such things and are they Real?? The silver skeletons are Incredibly detailed and in exact proportions right down to the smallest minutia. Normally, I would dismiss such things as junk, but the Quality and attention to the tiniest detail in these pieces made me stop and look closer!
    Doing abit of Googling, I haven't been able to turn up only the tiniest bit of vague information on the Knights of the Lance and not a Hint or trace about Anything concerning these silver skeletons on wooden bases. They are absolutely fascinating figures and I wish that the catalog was current! I'd have purchased all 14 of them-even if they were blatant rubbish fakes. They are amazing in their own rights! I would post photos of the 14, but they would be of terrible quality-a photo of a photo-and I doubt that much would be able to be seen very well. At any rate, how about it? Does anyone out there know anything about these?? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question! SS Knights of the Lance
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question! SS Knights of the Lance

Hi William, in 35 years of collecting I have never heard of such a thing if that helps....

Cheers, Ade.

how odd have you still got the catalogue to show a picture

tom

Yes, I've still got the catalog, but, like I said, I don't have alot of confidence in getting a good photo of a photo. If I get more time, I can give it a try hopefully tomorrow. If I can get One to come out good, then I can try posting the other 13! lol William
    William

?

Do you have a scanner?

It would be interesting to see some of them. I too have never heard
    of such 'memorial statuettes'............
    Regards,

Steve.

I also have never heard of this group. It sounds like a fantasy cooked up to sell fantasy items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

If they are fantasy items, they have got to be some of the most amazingly well-done pieces ever. The description for them described them as being made of Silver(and they Look it) and mounted on wood, and the detailing is just incredible. That, and they have not ever been seen before or since,to My knowledge, and one would think if these Were some sort of bizarre fakes, that others would almost certainly be seen on occasion. At any rate, here is about the best I could do, working with a so-so camera and taking a photo of a photo from a flat finish black and white illustration on old and brittle paper catalog pages. Sorry that the plaques are not readable, but they weren't in the original catalog pages either-you had to go by the description for each to read the man's name,death date, place, etc. AT any rate, hopefully, this should give you at least Some sort of idea as to what I'm talking about!
    William

And,no-I have no idea where the other photos came from, but it looks like once theyre attached, it's impossible to remove them, so there they are! Gotta love computers...lol

Question! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the LanceQuestion! SS Knights of the Lance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question! SS Knights of the Lance   Question! SS Knights of the Lance  

Question! SS Knights of the Lance   Question! SS Knights of the Lance  

Attached Images Attached Images Question! SS Knights of the Lance  Question! SS Knights of the Lance  Question! SS Knights of the Lance  Question! SS Knights of the Lance 
    William

it is astonishing over and over again which objects are associated with the SS!!!
    Totally Fantasy items....thanks for sharing.
    cheers
    Nikolaus

I still Want one anyway....lol William

Hey...the Silver in them alone would be worth decent money with today's silver prices!
    William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast