Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ranks/Insignia in this photo?

Article about: Hey all, found this photo floating around the internet, and got curious about the ranks of these guys and what their insignia means. The guy on the far left has SS runes, so I thought that t

?

Default Ranks/Insignia in this photo?

Hey all,
    found this photo floating around the internet, and got curious about the ranks of these guys and what their insignia means. The guy on the far left has SS runes, so I thought that this thread belonged here. Thanks for your help!Ranks/Insignia in this photo?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ranks/Insignia in this photo?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ranks/Insignia in this photo?

first soldier is a SS~Sturmann,the collar tabs on the other two are for the Estonian SS Foreign volunteers,and their rank,1st one is Scharfuhrer,the third is of senior private(sturmann),not SS~stumann because they were not racially of "true" germanic heritage,,,hope this answers your question

?

thanks rob,as thats very helpful..!

?

Yes, thank you very much! I kept thinking Latvian, but the colors seemed wrong!

Please allow me one minor correction: The man in the middle is actually an Unterscharführer (not Scharführer).

The Sturmmann on the right, by the way, is an NCO candidate as identified by the lace bar on his shoulder board.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Please allow me one minor correction: The man in the middle is actually an Unterscharführer (not Scharführer).

The Sturmmann on the right, by the way, is an NCO candidate as identified by the lace bar on his shoulder board.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem