Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Rare green Open collar early SS tunic

Article about: Kriegsgefangenenarbeitskommando roughly translates to, prison work detail, I believe. So yes, it is possible to a certain extent, in my opinion, when one considers the information FB has con

Have some thoughts of my own / questions But i knew i had seen that style eagle before been flemish/ belgium.... this eagle is not the one on the tunic but same style
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare green Open collar early SS tunic  
    Last edited by hawkins; 08-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare green Open collar early SS tunic
    P
    Many

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Jon-Olav, it's just my opinion, the colour on the pictures looks strange to me, and at least, the tunic is rebadged, IMHO
    I personally feel that these pictures, and the quality of them, are hardly an accurate depiction of what this tunic is, or once was. Truthfully my knowledge of this model consist of near to nothing, so I will continue to reserve any opinions I may have, but in fairness to the tunic, I just can't fathom how anyone could submit an precise judgment with what is currently available. Without this in hand, or at least higher quality photographs, I would consider any opinion just an educated guess. I am not saying you are wrong, however, just that this is a rare tunic and needs to be scrutinized by someone of great knowledge of these.
    In regards to the eagle, I agree with Carlsson, still.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-27-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I personally feel that these pictures, and the quality of them, are hardly an accurate depiction of what this tunic is, or once was. Truthfully my knowledge of this model consist of near to nothing, so I will continue to reserve any opinions I may have, but in fairness to the tunic, I just can't fathom how anyone could submit an precise judgment with what is currently available. Without this in hand, or at least higher quality photographs, I would consider any opinion just am educated guess. I am not saying you are wrong, however, just that this is a rare tunic and needs to be scrutinized by something of great knowledge of these.
    In regards to the eagle, I agree with Carlsson, still.
    well said

Rare green Open collar early SS tunicDo let me add the Nordheide Versand element to the analysis, which bears consideration.

Mr. d'alquen is a very keen observer of this regalia, as is Mr. Dimas in my experience.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr. d'alquen is a very keen observer of this regalia, as is Mr. Dimas in my experience.
    Indeed, and I wasn't speaking of their knowledge or experience. I'm sure they are both well qualified to make a sound judgement on these tunics. I only think that having this in hand, or at minimum judging based on better photographs, would be essential to their making of an accurate opinion. I hope that Mr. d'alquen, nor Mr. Dimas took my statement in a wrong pretense.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-27-2013 at 04:03 AM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Rare green Open collar early SS tunicDo let me add the Nordheide Versand element to the analysis, which bears consideration.
    Anything associated with this element warrants further analysis.

CMH
    Last edited by DrCMH; 08-27-2013 at 11:42 PM.

?

Sure, only closeup pictures or hand inspection can give right answer. My concern was a dark wool colour and put together insignia. Belgian eagle can not route to the SS-VT, and strap with fake tag and repro diamond makes my suspicions harder
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Sure, only closeup pictures or hand inspection can give right answer. My concern was a dark wool colour and put together insignia. Belgian eagle can not route to the SS-VT, and strap with fake tag and repro diamond makes my suspicions harder
    Mr. Dimas has a good eye, for indeed the shoulder cord has a fake tag....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast