Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I do not have (enough) experience for such items, can you please help? Thanks a lot

Default Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?

Hi guys, I do not have (enough) experience for such items, can you please help? Thanks a lotRare ss summer jacket or nice fake?Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?
    P
    Many

I have no experience with SS items. However, I know you will be asked to provide a clear photo of the Adler on the arm and a close up of the SS collar tab. NH

Thread moved to the correct forum.

It is all fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade. It looked fishy to me without the closer photos. I'm going to guess it was a reenactor item. NH

?

You would want this one:

It looks nice, depends on the price

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    You would want this one:

You certainly do. What a contrast to the junky rag illustrated at the start here. Pfui.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-06-2017 at 09:45 PM.

The handwritten Garnitur roman numeral on a drillich item of clothing is also a sign of rank stupidity.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-06-2017 at 11:21 PM.

?

Regarding tunics I had seen this Roman numbers only in Police tunics.Rare ss summer jacket or nice fake?

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    Regarding tunics I had seen this Roman numbers only in Police tunics.
    Those serve a different purpose.

The "Garnitur" (roughly "set") markings identified a uniform item's condition, with "I" being the best and "IIII" the poorest condition. Thus, a soldier's "best wear" uniform was referred to as the "1. Garnitur" etc.

Garments were regularly inspected and as they got gradually worn out were successively downgraded through the categories, with additional "I" stamps added.

(That's why 4th class items were marked with a "IIII" instead of the proper Roman numeral "IV".)

This system was used by the Wehrmacht. Offhand, I couldn't say whether the Waffen-SS implemented it as well, but it would have made sense.

None of which changes the fact that the jacket in the first post is a poor fake, of course.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast