Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.

Article about: Hi, can anybody help and give a opinion if real or fake...I purchased these tabs about 20 years ago. I have been told that the paper RZM tag should be F and not C. Twenty years ago letters d

Default Re: Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.

Silberkreuz,

It's a learning process for all of us. We've all been there... having a piece turn out to be something other than we expected. I hope I did not come off as uncaring. It's just that sometimes i get "lost" in the act of providing the answer when I can. And I always assume the collector wants the truth regardless of what that might be.

A seller that insists that a fake is authentic does so either out of ignorance or malice. It's difficult to put yourself into an individual's mind.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.
    P
    Many

I should add that there are members here, such as Robert H., who have expertise which is well known.

These members have been on this forum and others for some time and have answered calls to authenticate tabs such as this one many, many times and have given answers and explanations elsewhere on this forum more than once. Detailed explanations of why an item is fake or is authentic take time and members rightly feel that it is in part incumbent upon the collector himself to research his tab as well once he has the answer as to authenticity in hand. The burden can not all be their's.

I do not say this because I feel you are unaware or unappreciative of what I have just said. I sense and know that you are.

I say it merely as a way of expressing my own gratitude for their time and effort without which, this forum would be far less valuable.

An immediate red flag that catches the eye are the thin stems as opposed to the thick ones on the original. Also the acorns are fairly shapeless when compared side by side-especially the lower cluster. The curvature of the leaf veins has been previously mentioned. As Youth said, the prices of these high ranking tabs have risen dramatically over the years and I would hate to imagine what these Should have been worth on todays market had they been authentic. Best of luck in contacting the seller-even though it's been 2 decades, he should Still honor his sales.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    An immediate red flag that catches the eye are the thin stems as opposed to the thick ones on the original. Also the acorns are fairly shapeless when compared side by side-especially the lower cluster. The curvature of the leaf veins has been previously mentioned. As Youth said, the prices of these high ranking tabs have risen dramatically over the years and I would hate to imagine what these Should have been worth on todays market had they been authentic. Best of luck in contacting the seller-even though it's been 2 decades, he should Still honor his sales.
    Thank you very much for valid opinion, and for the other reasons these are fake, all valuable information.
    Yes they should have been worth a few dollars !!

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    I should add that there are members here, such as Robert H., who have expertise which is well known.

These members have been on this forum and others for some time and have answered calls to authenticate tabs such as this one many, many times and have given answers and explanations elsewhere on this forum more than once. Detailed explanations of why an item is fake or is authentic take time and members rightly feel that it is in part incumbent upon the collector himself to research his tab as well once he has the answer as to authenticity in hand. The burden can not all be their's.

I do not say this because I feel you are unaware or unappreciative of what I have just said. I sense and know that you are.

I say it merely as a way of expressing my own gratitude for their time and effort without which, this forum would be far less valuable.
    Yes, I wondered why an explanation is not always given. The creation of forums are a wonderful way of communicating and authenticating items. Thank you for post, it as helped me understand that I should look Into researching myself.. And hopefully learn what to look for to see why a peace is original, as you said there are many knowledgeable on this site and I do appreciate their help. Thanks again.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    Silberkreuz,

It's a learning process for all of us. We've all been there... having a piece turn out to be something other than we expected. I hope I did not come off as uncaring. It's just that sometimes i get "lost" in the act of providing the answer when I can. And I always assume the collector wants the truth regardless of what that might be.

A seller that insists that a fake is authentic does so either out of ignorance or malice. It's difficult to put yourself into an individual's mind.
    Yes it's a very expensive learning process for many unfortunate people. I have seen pictures and documentaries of SS Generals wearing these tabs and had he wonderful thought of knowing I have a pair of them etc. But would have loved to have known they were fake years ago. They were a favourite of mine. That's life. On a light note, your comment about being "lost " reminded me of watching Springsteen singing one of my favourite songs in Wembley stadium a month ago. Thank you for your reply.

stems are wrong, bending is wrong, and other details. Words don't describe the differences anyhow well.
    Best lesson is to study original material day and night long then such tabs are one lookers.
    Those ranks show and should show the highest quality embrodery, so the tax was higher then on a C tax code.
    Study material is availible on this forum in a nice quality way too:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...-2/#post861786

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2