Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.

Article about: Hi, can anybody help and give a opinion if real or fake...I purchased these tabs about 20 years ago. I have been told that the paper RZM tag should be F and not C. Twenty years ago letters d

Default Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.

Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.Hi, can anybody help and give a opinion if real or fake...I purchased these tabs about 20 years ago. I have been told that the paper RZM tag should be F and not C. Twenty years ago letters did not mean that much, later the dealer who sold them to me explained he was always being asked just to sell RZM paper tags to complete a set. As you can see from the photos that the silver outside beading is very thin as it should, the LHS oak leaf leans Out Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.I have compared these tabs against the Obergruppenfurher Ribbotropp uniform on sale from Craig Gottleibs site. ( tabs on uniform are Ribbontropp's etc)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or Fake Obergruppenfurher collar tabs.

poor copy

Any reason why you say poor copy?

among other things, the RZM label is incorrect and they central vein of the lower "leaf" should curve downward slightly (as it does in the example from the Ribbontrop tab) and in your example it does not.

i am not sure i understand your comment re: the RZM tag. are you saying that the incorrect tag was applied by a dealer to "complete" the tab?

at any rate, what you have heard is correct: the tag should be "F" and not "C".

as to the embroidery and the way it is formed, this is not correct either and my opinion is as that of Robert H that the tab is a copy. even if i did not believe that to be the case, contradicting his opinion would not be something i'd contemplate.

central vein configuration of your tab:

central vein configuration of an authentic tab:

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    among other things, the RZM label is incorrect and they central vein of the lower "leaf" should curve downward slightly (as it does in the example from the Ribbontrop tab) and in your example it does not.
    Thank you for your reply, its not nice to hear your long time peace is a fake, but it's nice when somebody explains why something's wrong. No affence to Robert H.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i am not sure i understand your comment re: the RZM tag. are you saying that the incorrect tag was applied by a dealer to "complete" the tab?

at any rate, what you have heard is correct: the tag should be "F" and not "C".

as to the embroidery and the way it is formed, this is not correct either and my opinion is as that of Robert H that the tab is a copy. even if i did not believe that to be the case, contradicting his opinion would not be something i'd contemplate.

central vein configuration of your tab:

central vein configuration of an authentic tab:

Thank you also for your reply,explanation and the drawing was a nice touch. A sent a picture of these tabs to a well known American dealer, he also said they were fake. I was not at all happy as they have been in my possession for 20 years. The dealer explain that the RZM tag was wrong. I then contacted the English dealer who sold them to me originally and I told him what he American dealer had said. No names were given by myself to either dealers.the English dealer said to me " the letters did not mean much 20 years ago, and buyers/customers used to ask him if he had RZM labels to sell so they could complete a set" the English dealer also still told me they were real and it was the other dealers opinion they were fake. Hence why ave asked for help on this great site. Hope that makes sense!

In twenty years the price of these tabs have increased substantially. Contact the dealer who sold them to you, and explain you would be willing to sell these back to him for the same price you paid years ago. What a bargain it will be for him. This way everyone is happy.
    I agree with the others, poor fakes.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    In twenty years the price of these tabs have increased substantially. Contact the dealer who sold them to you, and explain you would be willing to sell these back to him for the same price you paid years ago. What a bargain it will be for him. This way everyone is happy.
    I agree with the others, poor fakes.
    Hi Youthcollector1 Thank you for your diplomatic reply, but it has nothing to do with money,I'm sure you can understand.

Yes, I do. But still, if it's possible to receive your money back, I'd do it. Hopefully the dealer truly believes these tabs are authentic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast