Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

real Waffen SS tunic?

Article about: hi im looking at this item which is currently for sale but i really question its authenticity as theres a couple things about it which raise doubts for me but im not and expert nor do i even

Default real Waffen SS tunic?

hi im looking at this item which is currently for sale but i really question its authenticity as theres a couple things about it which raise doubts for me but im not and expert nor do i even know very much in old SS uniforms so I would love the answers of people who know what their talking about
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?
    real Waffen SS tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement real Waffen SS tunic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: real Waffen SS tunic?

I would say the cut of the lineing is all wrong,should angle in unless of course this is an officers tunic but even the the quaility is not there.I also do not like the deep ribbed material that it is made of and the lack of tailors marks, but wait for the experts opinion!!

?

I will agree on FJ's comment above. I think the interior looks strange, but be patient and wait for some of the expert on these garments.

Regards, Lars

Not even close to a genuine gray open collar SS tunic. Besides the reasons already cited, the collar should be the same color as the lapels. See this example of a Deutschland officer tunic and a RFSS officer tunic. The material is not officer quality and the belt ramps in the rear indicate an other ranks tunic.

real Waffen SS tunic?real Waffen SS tunic?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi there, i think it is not grey open collar SS tunic but privately tailored field grey open collar SS tunic with dark green collar. As i checked photos it is common gabardine material. Also the linning looks OK to me. The tunic could be genuine. But as i say each one can have different opinion.

Quote by militarypast View Post
    Hi there, i think it is not grey open collar SS tunic but privately tailored field grey open collar SS tunic with dark green collar. As i checked photos it is common gabardine material. Also the linning looks OK to me. The tunic could be genuine. But as i say each one can have different opinion.
    Even if this is a privately tailored tunic, the dark green collar does not conform with the approved pattern tunic. This would be valid for both a field tunic such as the Deutschland officer tunic I posted and the RFSS dress tunic I posted.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

That material certainly looks like Bundeswehr, i have a BW jacket with exactly that material although a different style, from the late 50s-early 60s

i have seen various different cuts of privately tailored WH or SS tunics so i think many variations possible once it is privately tailored. Also gabardine material got many different variations and afterwar BW gabardine is basically the same as one of the war gabardine variations. However who knows.

I think this tunic is worthy of some futher analysis.

First off, it is a non regulation item as pointed out by Bob. But if you examine period photos, things like this did exist. This one has a mixture of SS (open collar and four button front) and Heer (patch lower pockets and badge cloth dark green collar) features.

Let's look at the back of the tunic. It has an early "Rock" style cut with button type belt support ramps. Look at the different coloured material around the jacket vent: if you had bought that from a high street tailor, would you have accepted that? I know I would not. Now it could be a repair of course?

The addition of a dagger/sword hanger is fairly typical of private tailored items which were often designed to be worn behind the lines for walking out, but perhaps not at home in the Reich where non regulation items were much more unlikely to have been accepted for wear.

I would like to see if there is any evidence of collar tabs and shoulder boards which should be there of course. The absence of a cuff title is not a problem, not every unit had one.

The full lining and internal pocket would be typical for any Officers tunic. I am at a loss to explain the ink stamped "59" ?

I am leaning towards a field made tunic.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sorry but I dont like it at all, it seems to try and incorporate several pattern characteristics that conflict together .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast