Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reichsführung-SS cuff title

Article about: There are no illustrations of SS cuff titles in the 1943 Organisationsbuch der NSDAP. There were same, I think, in the 1940 edition, and maybe in certain of the 1938 editions. The SS Befehls

Default Re: Reichsführung-SS cuff title

There are no illustrations of SS cuff titles in the 1943 Organisationsbuch der NSDAP. There were same, I think, in the 1940 edition, and maybe in certain of the 1938 editions.

The SS Befehlsblaetter above reflect the fact that the introduction of the alu bordered cuff titles in the Allgem. SS ca. 1937 was done in a manner in which the old examples were used up bit by bit, so as to save the investment in them and not simply toss them to the discarded materiel section. This fact apparently caused problems with commanders who ordered the swift introduction of the new insignia. That is, the new and old were worn concurrently, which well explains why certain uniforms endured with these older insignia and others did not. This little arcane fact, utterly unaccounted for by the denizens of certain militaria shows and their counter factual and ahistorical reasoning (untouched by any encounter with such documents and issues as contained in the post above) are one of my hobby horses on this and other sites.

By posting these SS Befehlsblaetter in their entirety, I encourage you to do the same and add some more material here, especially this primary documentary material of high value. Its demerit and detriment are, of course: a.) it has no pictures; b.) it is in a foreign language; c.) the print is funny (Fraktur); d.) it is hard to understand; e.) it is in black and white.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsführung-SS cuff title   Reichsführung-SS cuff title  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsführung-SS cuff title
    P
    Many

As promised, an image from the Org book edition of 1938 that I mentioned some days ago in response to Mr. Walter and his query.

For what it is worth. This image was no longer in the 1943 edition.

Of interest is the phrase "Zusatz-Aermelstreifen" for a Traditionsstandarte, which is a whole other theme. You notice it is not called, for instance, "ein Traditionsaermelstreifen..."

Wim Saris has posted some highly interesting and shifting of the paradigm excerpts of orders and regulations on another site which have extraordinary merit and further underscore the fact that in the year 2010 the final frontiers of cuff titles in the 3d Reich have yet to be reached. The SS managed to confuse itself with these things, which should be small consolation to us.

and I do not even collect them except attached to other things.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsführung-SS cuff title  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-25-2010 at 05:55 AM.

As an example of confusion, see attached. This excerpt from the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM is from 1934 and encompasses a universe of truths concerning this regalia. This order is from the fall of 1934 at a time when the SS was consolidating its independence from the SA and in the opening phases of its extraordinary institutional build up in the following years in which emerged many of the pieces of regalia that mesmerize us.

I wish I could see the correspondence that led to this order and its subsequent effects, that is behind the walls of the RZM and the Beschaffungsamt SS. The foregoing repeats what I wrote a few weeks or days ago. This document so attached is courtesy of the great and good authority, Mr. Wim Saris, whose generosity in sharing his sources is a boon to our search for the truth. Might I also note that I have no commercial interest in endorsing Mr. Saris' work, save for the fact that I esteem his research highly and admire his willingness to share it via this medium.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsführung-SS cuff title  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-25-2010 at 06:22 AM.

?

As promised, an image from the Org book edition of 1938 that I mentioned some days ago in response to Mr. Walter and his query.
    Apparently, they just reprinted the image from the 1937 edition. Makes sense, it's not like anything had changed by 1938 as far as these were concerned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4