Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Reinhard Heydrich cuff title,,,need help

Article about: hi all,,,is this authentic??..good or bad...thanks in advance to all replies,,,Robert

Default Reinhard Heydrich cuff title,,,need help

hi all,,,is this authentic??..good or bad...thanks in advance to all replies,,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reinhard Heydrich cuff title,,,need help   Reinhard Heydrich cuff title,,,need help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reinhard Heydrich cuff title,,,need help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reinhard Heydrich cuff title,,,need help

Hi Robert, here is a useful tip regarding "Bevo" SS cuff tiles.

Take note of the reverse edge. You will observe a row of grey/white dots which form the edge? They should appear like the pic I have shown. If not, the item will be a reproduction. Imagine them looking like this:

But if they look more like this:

.l.l.l.l.l.l.l

it will be bad.

In hand, you will also find the fakes are modern synthetic materials and not rayon. They will glow under a black light and if a burn test is done to a thread, it will not turn to ash, but will melt into a hard plastic ball.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Reinhard Heydrich cuff title,,,need help 

many thanks for your rapid response,,,from what i can see of the cuff title,it would appear that this does have the tiny grey-white dots you mentioned in your reply,,Many thanks,,Robert

Hi Robert, glad you found that to be of help.

Here is another good title courtsey of Peter Whammond's site.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reinhard Heydrich cuff title,,,need help  

thanks again adrian,,,what would the one i posted bring?...Robert

Hi Robert, the one I illustrated was for sale at around $2,400. That should give you a rough idea of values.

Cheers, Ade.

Robert,

I saw this cuff title several weeks back when I received an email from Affiliated Auctions announcing their upcoming event. I looked at the online catalog and saw several bad cuff titles, but when I saw this one I did think it had a chance. The day of the auction I watch online and decided to bid a max amount and as it turned out, I end up wining the item. Also, let me back track and say that I called the auction company during the auction and asked about their return policy should I order an item that turns out to be a copy. I received the cuff title today and have already called and gotten a return authorization. But before I do I wanted to allow other to review this current fake against a know original. The copy is only pretty good when the images are bad and once in hand I knew that this one would be going back.

There was a ton of really bad crap in this auction that went for big and I do mean big bucks! I'm just glad that I didn't bet the farm on anything else.

Original pre-1945 Reinhard Heydrich cuff title vs modern copy.

For all that view this graphic, all I ask is that you do not distribute without permission.

Thanks.
    All the best,
    David