Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reinhard heydrich film

Article about: by Pierre N very nice film ! interesting to see Heydrich with Luftwaffe uniform! Hi Pierre,this is posted elsewhere on here with his funeral pics. But him in L/W uniform never struck me as o

RaymondG
    ?

Default Re: Reinhard heydrich film

Hi

I am sure that I have seen a fencing award somewhere. The problem is that I cannot exactly remember where

Raymond

2. # ADS

?

According to MAx Williams in his biography of Heydrich the bronze whcih was errected on the site of his assisination was salvaged and is now in a private collection in the Czech Republic.
    An interesting yet disturbing figure , so often it is the men in the background of photos who are the real power behind those in the front.
    Himmler owed much of his power to Heydrich.

The fencing award andy that has the site millitary nut has it.he is don boyle long,long time friend.he also has a lot of ss honor rings for sale.

?

The fencing award while being a magnificent piece is said to be Heydrichs but has no real provenance... A U.S. collector owns the opera drape [photos on GDC]... And isn't the uniform he got assassinated in is still around somewhere??

very nice film ! interesting to see Heydrich with Luftwaffe uniform!

Thanks for the link. It is very important for those who collect to also be aware of the history behind the objects. The film was very well done. I think the music was fitting. It played off of the duality of mankind. Of course this man did monsterous things to many people. The victims of his attrocities will never forget nor should we. The fact of the matter is that even though some of these men were monsters they were products of their time and enviroment. When these attrocities were committed it was considered a norm for that society. Heydrich seemed to lead a normal family life away from the political world. It is sad to hear that his family has suffered for the sins of their father. I truly hope that his children were able to live peaceful lives.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Heydrich was the epitome of what it meant to be a Nazi. That is neither a complement, nor a condemnation. Merely an opinion based on years of studying him.

For those of you interested in such things, Deschner has updated his biography of Heydrich with some new research. Also, there is a new biography of Himmler, too, by Longerich. It is the first scholarly biography of the latter and is first rate. Longerich wrote a fine history of the SA.

Happy collecting. PS these books are auf Deutsch....

Great link, many thanks for posting it.

Fenix82
    ?

I found this book on the net about him, maybe intresting....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reinhard heydrich film  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast