Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

restored SS Sturmbannführer tunic for a member of RuSHA

Article about: Can I ask what was paid for this ensemble?

Default Re: restored SS Sturmbannführer tunic for a member of RuSHA

Can you post a photo of the sleeve eagle please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Sure, but please remember ALL the insignia has been replaced.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	178.3 KB 
ID:	514486
    Here you go sir. Thank you.

Did they wear Wehrmacht breast eagles on their sleeve?

Yes, even many high ranking ss man wore the Wehrmacht eagle. SS insignia was rare in its own time.

But please remember, all insignia was reapplied post war.

The wearing of Wehrmacht eagles by SS Officers was the exception , not wide spread. I think the individual responsible for the reconstruction seized upon this to save themselves the cost of an original SS sleeve eagle. That being said ,if the price you paid was simply the cost of the individual pieces then I would be happy. I do not believe this tunic to have originally been of SS issue.

?

I you use the daylight, and/or other lightsources, can you see any ghosts after a heer eagle on the chest?

I once bought a stripped tunic, and when i used the light to look for weak shadows, i found cufftitle ghosts and threads, the ss eagle and ghost , stripes and thread after spiess.

I just want to give this idea to you, so you can use it on this tunic. Maybe it can help you.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Thanks all for the opinions. I agree strongly, the prior owner seized upon the fact that some ss members did sometimes use Wehrmacht eagles to save himself money. My main concern is if this tunic was always ss! As FB said, members such John pic and Peter manzie, I added that one, are once which should be respected. Both have said the tunic appears to have always been always ss. Peter viewed it at the SOS show. This is just my home, and I hold some members opinions here to the highest degree. That being said, I think I've been pointed in the correct direction. All opinions are welcome of course.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I you use the daylight, and/or other lightsources, can you see any ghosts after a heer eagle on the chest?

I once bought a stripped tunic, and when i used the light to look for weak shadows, i found cufftitle ghosts and threads, the ss eagle and ghost , stripes and thread after spiess.

I just want to give this idea to you, so you can use it on this tunic. Maybe it can help you.
    Thank you sir, I will do that. However I can see there was at one time a cufftitle already and I'd bet the farm, if this was always an ss tunic, an ss eagle. You can also see where there seems to have been a prior collar tab, and it looks to be the shape of an ss tab which is hopeful IMO. All insignia appears to be fine IMO but that matters least to me. In fact, I already have most of it. The tunic is my main concern. I'm pasting on a m43 for this due to price, although I had my doubt on it as well. I shall post photos later as well to show what I mean. Thanks everyone once again.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. I do not collect this kind of uniform, but I have seen many field grey uniforms in nearly fifty years. I collect black uniforms, of course, as I have indicated in 11,000 posts. I do not want to pit my opinion against others, especially in an on line modus.
    John Pic on the other forum is the man I trust with these issues. You should ask him, really. He is very skilled. Do seek out his ideas.
    I love the black once as well. I currently have a reservist tunic on hold, but won't have it for another 10 months as the owner is moving and can't get to it until then. I have full confidence it that one thankful.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast