Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

restored SS Sturmbannführer tunic for a member of RuSHA

Article about: Can I ask what was paid for this ensemble?

Default Re: restored SS Sturmbannführer tunic for a member of RuSHA

Can I ask what was paid for this ensemble?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement restored SS Sturmbannführer tunic for a member of RuSHA
    P
    Many

?

I'm not sure the KVK2 would be represented by both a ribbonbar and a ribbon through the button hole. It would be one or the other.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm not sure the KVK2 would be represented by both a ribbonbar and a ribbon through the button hole. It would be one or the other.
    That particular detail is actually not a problem.

By regulations, a ribbon worn in the buttonhole was not allowed to be simultaneously worn on the ribbonbar. However, this was often ignored and double wear of ribbons in the buttonhole and on a ribbon bar was not unusual. As a random example, see Fegelein's EK 2 ribbon:

restored SS Sturmbannführer tunic for a member of RuSHA

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    By regulations, a ribbon worn in the buttonhole was not allowed to be simultaneously worn on the ribbonbar.
    That was my thought too but obviously when ribbons were sewn to tunics and the ribbonbar was included with a number of other medal ribbons on a longer bar it would be impracticable to remove one or the other from what was in effect a permanent arrangement.

With a single ribbonbar I would suggest that it would not be seen very often as it would be easy to take the single bar off the uniform and therefore comply with regulations.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Great point and thank both of you for your input and knowledge. Everything is restored, therefore this mistake or lack of obedience toward regulation would be due to the restorer, not the original owner. Something else which "is possible" but unlikely on this tunic. My main objective for this tunic is not only to restore it but learn from it. I've almost bought several ss tunics only to get cold feet at the last second. As long as this was always a ss tunic, it would serve as an teaching aid for my future purchases.

?

This tunic appears to be cut in an early style the collar may have been private tailored .I believe it is a real tunic and possibly had the insignias added post war but who knows, its impossible to say. The way to tell if it was always without heer insignias is to used a UV over the breast in a very dark room. So hands on inspection is best.

For my own reasons I do not care for the tunic offered on Bruce's site and doubt its authenticity...as they say "Frankenstein". True it was in an advanced collectors hands for a short time but this does not make an item authentic.

Thank you, John. I had hoped you would offer an opinion. I did look at the tunic that Bruce had and would be grateful for a more close analysis of it.

As I note, I collect black tunics and have some confidence in my capacity to judge them.

Thank you very much John. It was very kind of you to comment and it is greatly appreciate.

I'd like to also thank everyone else here in there efforts to help me. This is an amazing place.

Personally, I like the tunic at the start of this thread, despite the construction of the collar and it does appear to me that it could have been altered to allow the wearer to have it open at the collar with a shirt and tie.This is pure speculation on my part, but it would seem to make sense as it does not look "good" fastened at the neck.
    Similarly, I do like the "Tyr" rune as it is an early pattern tunic, but agree also that it could have been added for effect by the seller.

With regard to the tunic on Bruce's site, I am surprised that no one has mentioned that this was originally sold via "Relics of the Reich" some time ago and whilst this has no real bearing on originality, I am just surprised that I remember it, yet I seem to be in a company of one.
    Nonetheless I hope that the tunic does turn out to be original for the sake of the current as I am sure that it was not cheap, despite the fact that it was bought at an auction.

Thanks also Jon for the time period. I'm now assuming that the R.u.S.-Hauptamt cufftitle would be most appropriate, although the pthers would surely work as well. That will be fun to locate!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast