MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RFSS cuff title of note.

Article about: From the maroon bad manners site come these images of an attic find of note in Nebraska, an enlisted grey wartime uniform with a noteworthy cuff title as well as an early made black enlisted

Default RFSS cuff title of note.

RFSS cuff title of note.From the maroon bad manners site come these images of an attic find of note in Nebraska, an enlisted grey wartime uniform with a noteworthy cuff title as well as an early made black enlisted cap.

The cuff title is extraordinary, as it appears to have white silken borders and alu embroidery, dating it to 193X.... or not. However, I had thought that this cuff title was introduced in 1939.....

I am not really an expert in said objects.

you tell me.

Thanks to the enterprising soul who found this material which was apparently on the verge of being thrown out....RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.

THIS IS NOT MY PROPERTY.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2012 at 07:11 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RFSS cuff title of note.
    P
    Many

Default Re: RFSS cuff title of note.

RFSS cuff title of note.The sight of the filth on the cap makes me cringe, but it does embody its age, surely.

RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.It should look like this. These caps are mine.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2012 at 11:31 PM.

It is disheartening to say the least of the condition of the cap,, as it looks like it laid in a dank dark musty basement. Is this an early 1936 vintage? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    It is disheartening to say the least of the condition of the cap,, as it looks like it laid in a dank dark musty basement. Is this an early 1936 vintage? Regards Larry
    I think it was a dank, musty attic. I think it is pre 1936, the cap at hand.

I am sure our wizards here from the British Isles could return it to a fine appearance. In any case, it is not mine, but the images have merit for our project.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2012 at 02:44 AM.

RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.The cap is verhunzt, but it is real. It is a Sonderanfertigung of private make, not unlike the one I have posted.

RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.Time was kinder to this cap, but all of it constitutes the whole of the past.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2012 at 11:39 PM.

RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.Do surely compare this embroidery to the nonsense that suffocates us with the panorama of fakes.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-25-2012 at 07:55 AM.

RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.RFSS cuff title of note.Do contrast the piece at the start here and this one from Whammond. That is, the borders.

Were you able to pick up these finds? I hope so FB. The embroidery on the CT is classy. Are these tunics a mid-war cut (c.1944)? Notice the 4 buttons. Not noticing the pleats on the pockets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast