Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The riddles of the runes.

Article about: A comparison of challenge and response as concerns the decoration of SS caps.

Default The riddles of the runes.

A comparison of challenge and response as concerns the decoration of SS caps. The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The riddles of the runes.
    P
    Many

The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.One subtle, and not appetizing, fact to consider is how human perspiration actually acts on a cap that has really been worn, versus a cap created to deceive, and treated to the artifices of trickery.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-08-2015 at 06:52 AM.

The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.and how the sweat of the brow ca. 1938 appears in the year 2015 versus the combination of cigar ash, bee wax, and Bavarian Hefeweizen powered urine as it appears in the year 2015......

For those of you who don't know, that man is Dr. Breuer, whose magic formula I have included above.

My interlocutor, the infamous Freiherr von Moellendorff, who unveiled Breuer in his role as the grand faker of the Bayern Metropole, gave me the impression that the master aged these things, himself, as it were.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-07-2015 at 11:08 PM.

as I wrote above, challenge and response. Not for the faint of heart, really.

The riddles of the runes.At the risk of being coy, this is a fake, of course. And obviously so, but the cap is better made than some.

- - ------- - -

that is, better made in the sense of the worksmanship of the sweat band and such.

MAP
    ?

And don't forget the aroma.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.The riddles of the runes.This is an authentic cap. or two different caps.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-08-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Quote by MAP View Post
    And don't forget the aroma.
    You are so right, colleague.

So very right.

- - ------- - -

Smell and touch are important criteria of authenticity, actually, all mirth aside.

The thought of Dr. Breuer's effluvia five decades later is a sobering one, though.

Some insights into all of this.

Historische Aufnahmen vom Oktoberfest: Als auf der Wiesn noch ungebremst geschlägert wurde - Video - Video - FOCUS Online
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-08-2015 at 12:43 AM.

Every day offers a chance to learn a new word, and ours is thus:
    ef·flu·vi·um
    əˈflo͞ovēəm/
    noun
    plural noun: effluvia

an unpleasant or harmful odor, secretion, or discharge.
    "the unwholesome effluvia of decaying vegetable matter"

Origin
    mid 17th century: from Latin, from effluere ‘flow out.’
    Translate effluvia to
    Use over time for: effluvia
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-07-2015 at 10:18 PM.

?

And to add, hair oils, both natural and those used as hair care products, have further effects on the degradation of synthetic and natural textiles and leather products. The daily use of these items will indeed impart a characteristic pattern of wear.

CMH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast