Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ring Finnische SS please help

Article about: Hello friends, a jeweler offered me this ring, he told me that he got it from an old woman together with many other jewels (rings, arm titles ,chaineds ..something else) I have found out tha

Default Ring Finnische SS please help

Hello friends,
    a jeweler offered me this ring, he told me that he got it from an old woman together with many other jewels (rings, arm titles ,chaineds ..something else) I have found out that these rings a worn by members of the 11th SS Freiwilligen regiment "Nordland" is this true? I have seen any rings as copy before can that be a original ? and what can i pay for? many thank´s advance
    peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ring Finnische SS please help   Ring Finnische SS please help  

Ring Finnische SS please help   Ring Finnische SS please help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ring Finnische SS please help
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Ring Finnische SS please help

The symbolics is just a Finnish, and nothing belonged to the SS. I think it's just a kind of patriotic ring of the time of Winter War
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Finnish rings was a very wide fashionable items and still persists a lot of them, price could be vary from 30 to 100 eur
    Regards,
    Dimas

hello friends,
    i know some news,the ring i wearn by finnish airborne at first (1940) later wearn by finnish SS,is it possible that soldiers from the airborne later cange to the SS ? (1941) i know the SS regiment Nordland later belongs to the SS regiment Wiking after Finland´s surrender all troops kame to south germany till end of war
    peter

?

I think the Finnish fliers fly till the end of the war and served in the Air Forces after the war too, the ring looks to be air force.
    Regards,
    Dimas

hello friends,
    at first thank you for your reply´s, but ist this ring original or a fake what do you mean ?
    regards peter

Apt Pupil
    ?

Hi, I am Finnish and this ring is not a Finnish SS ring. In WW2 the air-force collected gold wedding rings from people to bay new planes and gave this metal ring in return.

If your ring is silver it means it is a reproduction for there was a fundraiser for veterans I think in 2006 and they sale these rings.

I think there are no reproductions in iron!

J

?

Default Re: Ring Finnische SS please help

why would they date a ring? has a mold seam and was made recent, ring makers are busy?

Hi Johtaja, welcome to the forum and thanks for the good info.

Hi Colt, I would imagine the ring is dated 1940 as that is the date of the "Winter War" between Finland and the USSR.

Cheers, Ade.

Apt Pupil
    ?

I am new to the site so I hope it is OK to post a link. Here is the story of the ring in English Finland's swastika ring honours war dead - Telegraph

J

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast