Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Rock SS confusion...?!

Article about: Other sites include the pilfering from my collection, and mis understandings about the collar and lapels of the black tunic.

Default Rock SS confusion...?!

Other sites include the pilfering from my collection, and mis understandings about the collar and lapels of the black tunic. Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rock SS  confusion...?!
    P
    Many

The Hagen item is mine. The SD uniform was put together by a noted dealer.

The variations in the collar are, actually, normal.Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!

The normal form is more at the left in the two images, but there are numerous images of the more SA style of notched lapel in authentic items.Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!

This black tunic, which is made of real parts, apparently caused some consternation.....it is not mine. It was for sale a decade ago.Rock SS  confusion...?!

na, und?

?

Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!Rock SS  confusion...?!

?

The lapels are one good place to look when assessing an item for authenticity. Observe here how they are cut and how they rest on the uniform. On the higher grades of wool one can readily see certain nuances of the tailor's handiwork on the reverse sides. All parts of the puzzle.

Rock SS  confusion...?!
    Last edited by DrCMH; 02-25-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Great display. Great background uniform-poster!!

?

Thank you, Wim. I hope you are well and I appreciate the kind words.

And thank you, FB. These are the little details one must appreciate in vetting these items. The Rock on the right in post number one is not an issued piece. I looked at WAF (I assumed it was a question arising there) and found that the individual who began the discussion was looking for official explanations. Oh boy...
    My understanding, and please correct me if I am in error, is that the RZM provided instructions to tailors regarding materials and construction of the uniform. While there were patterns issued that tailors utilized, the design was open to some stylistic interpretations as a bespoke piece. The variations in the lapels, buttons used - especially on the pockets, cut/style of the pocket flaps, grades of wool, these were all slight variations on a theme and were certainly a reflection of the tailors skills and the wearers style. I imagine Heini H would have wanted uniformity, we all know how well that went over and just how well it continues to go over today. I believe that no official explanation can be had from the remaining records we have at hand, other than the brief outbursts from HH regarding deviation from regulations.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast